What's new

Looking for a soap similar to MWF

Hello everyone I am a fairly new wet shaver, and I love MWF. I was wondering if there are any soaps that are similar to it out there. I would like to try more soaps and think I would like something similar. I have tried so far Tabac, Cella, Razo Rock, Mama Bears, Williams, and VDH Deluxe. Out of all that I tried so far I like MWF the best followed closely by Cella and Tobac. Any advice on my next soap would be appreciated Thanks.

Hard to find anything as good as MWF however, Close ones in performance IMHO is AOS/DRH Arlington/QCS are great also/EF (with tallow)/

Any of the D.R. Harris line will make you happy. Ignore the recent goofy reviews.

Art of Shaving soaps are stellar as well.

Queen Charlotte Soaps are very nice but I prefer their creams (which are more like Cella - a "croap") which are great.

(krisbarger and I apparently think alike :lol: )

+1
True!! my experience have been with QCS "croap's" also. The mysore is just amazing!!!

Any of the D.R. Harris line will make you happy. Ignore the recent goofy reviews.

Art of Shaving soaps are stellar as well.

Queen Charlotte Soaps are very nice but I prefer their creams (which are more like Cella - a "croap") which are great.

I'll throw L'occitane Cade and Institute Karite into the ring. Both very hard soaps, both very moisturizing, just like MWF. I would say they're more moisturizing than AOS and QCS (although I love these as well).

MWF rules the entire world of hard soaps.
Cade is dry to me... I have some for sale in the BST for this very reason. The other soaps are just good all around. Very seldom does a soap dry me out but cade did.

Try the shea butter french soaps IK, Pre de Provence, Provence Sante. I think Pre de Provence is a great moisturizing soap and seems to behave similar to MWF in both lather and subtle soap smell. Nice soft face when done with the shave like MWF.
Aaron

PDP dries my skin out. I tried to like it. Used it for a good week and just found it left me a little too squeaky clean vs feeling soft and emollient.

Kent Luxury Shaving soap.:wink2:

Seriously, D.R. Harris is probably your next stop. Marlborough is my favorite of this line, but all the soaps perform well.

I'll echo the suggestions for QCS. I personally like the soap better than the "croap" but both are great! I love all three scents I have: Old Spice, Lavender, and Basilica.

MWF has lanolin which moisturizes your skin, so the shave soaps and creams that contain lanolin that I know of are Kents, Vitos, and RazoRock King Louis. There might be others.

Top Bottom