Thread: Nancy Boy!

Hybrid View

Default Nancy Boy!

A couple years ago I ordered some Nancy Boy shaving cream after seeing a great review on the shaveblog website. So I got over the name and ordered some. It was very good. But what I enjoyed even more was the sample of cucumber smelling aftershave balm they threw in. Using as little as you really need, and having a selection including Skin Food, Musgo Real, Proraso and Baxter of Calif., it actually lasted awhile. I finally got around to ordering more during the harsh upstate NY winters we get, and I think I need to rank it as the best moisturizing balm I have. I use it if I do a "full shave" of at least two passes, close as hell, following some Kiehl's blue herbal astringent and a cold water rinse. By the time I come home from the office, my face is still not dried out.

Fantastic stuff. And, for the record, I have skin very prone to irritation and drying in the winter.

I am also a big fan of many of the Nancy Boy products, as are a lot of the members here.

Nancy Boy products are top shelf. I never understood the problem with the name.
    "Fight 'em 'til hell freezes over...then fight 'em on the ice." --Dutch Meyer

Images

Just got my first order from them yesterday. Bought the signature shave cream and the signature cooling gel. Looking forward to using them(no shave this AM). They also threw in a full bar of soap. That is always a nice surprise.
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by heybatter View Post
    They also threw in a full bar of soap. That is always a nice surprise.
    Maybe they were trying to tell you something?? Just kidding! That was rather generous.

Great company with great products. I've used a lot of their stuff and some was purchased blind using only their description as a guide. They all performed as advertised and I've never felt disappointed with any purchase. If you have not tired their products consider them in the future.
    Grandson of an Italian barber. Must have this in my blood.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MoJoe View Post
    Great company with great products. I've used a lot of their stuff and some was purchased blind using only their description as a guide. They all performed as advertised and I've never felt disappointed with any purchase. If you have not tired their products consider them in the future.
    ++1
    "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."
    Mark Twain

I have the shaving cream and cooling gel coming my way, looking forward to try them.
    Blix

Images

i enjoyed my first shave today with the cucumber scented shaving cream. Also i must agree the cucumber after shave balm is nothing short of phenomenal.. i really enjoy its scent too

Images

I must say i was unimpressed with propylene glycol and grapefruit seed extract in the list of ingrediants, i just noticed them :(

and i was all happy about this bieng so great despite it bieng "so natural" .. Le sigh..''

Despite the above i stand by my comment on how it performs

Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    I must say i was unimpressed with propylene glycol and grapefruit seed extract in the list of ingrediants, i just noticed them :(
    Pardon my ignorance, but is there a known issue or problem with those two ingredients? Just curious. I've had Nancy Boy on my list of products to try for awhile now.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Klos Shave View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but is there a known issue or problem with those two ingredients? Just curious. I've had Nancy Boy on my list of products to try for awhile now.
    depends on the lifestyle you lead i suppose . if you are into avoiding parabens , BPA, pesticides etc / lead a "holistic" lifestyle and are trying to avoid synthetics then other options are available imo. for example, GSE is not as natural as it seems, it can contain traces of triclosan, parabens, benzalkonium chloride. Studies have shown it is these very contaminants that give the GSE its anti bacterial properties.

propylene Glycol is a known irritant and a penetration enhancer, and its been linked to cancer in lab tests.

Again my choice to avoid these ingredients is a personal one. do a google search im sure you can find some good research that will help you decide :)

I will most certainly enjoy this ASB tester bottle, it feels amazing but sadly will not repurchase it

I still strongly encourage you to try the products, clearly i still did.. :)

EDIT:

with regards to propylene glycol. tests show it MAY be linked to cancer

EDIT 2:

i just realized all i have been talking about is that it is a potential carcinogen.. my apologies . I merely meant it may be linked to "various health issues" (see post below for details)
    Last edited by Talal; 02-18-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    propylene Glycol is a known irritant and a penetration enhancer, and its been linked to cancer in lab tests.
    I don't want to argue about your personal choices, but this statement about propylene glycol being linked to cancer is not true, and you shouldn't post it in places like this. Link to the facts.
    John - ALPHA Team founding member (Faceman)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by man00ver View Post
    I don't want to argue about your personal choices, but this statement about propylene glycol being linked to cancer is not true, and you shouldn't post it in places like this. Link to the facts.
    Well i disagree about the not true part but that's not the point. I have edited my post. i suppose my wording was a little too direct as its not 100% conclusive. I do apologize for that.

at the end of the day though i strongly recommend trying NB's Fine product line.. as i clearly have !

Cheers :)

Images

Bacon is linked to cancer. I'll take my chances.
    BTW - Really love the NB products I've used - IMO of the highest quality.
    Scott