What's new

What years were Gillette Psycho Razors Made?

What year did Gillette start making the Psycho and what year did they stop making the razor in the USA? Also what were the years of production in England? I just got a know. I can not find the information on my our and it is driving me insane.

Where's Cleave? He might know. He was selling both American and British Pscyhos. His avatar name is cpool222

I don't think there's any way of ever finding this out unless you can access the Gillette archives.

Maybe we can form some degree of an educated guess if owners post their date code(s). I have a 'Made In England' 1958 D4.

Well I have a C1 1957 made in England and a X3 made in USA. I have also seen a Y3, B3, C4, AND D4 on Ebay. The next question is X 1952 or 1977 and is Y 1953 or 1978.

If im not mistaken mine is from 1952. I know i posted it up a while ago, i would have to check my postings to be sure. Mine is plane not engraving on the Razor head.

I know for sure Psycho's have been around since cave Man time's LOL

50's to 80's as i recall......heres a German-graffco Pscho

Attachments

• $PsychoAlemana005.jpg
    $PsychoAlemana005.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 247
  • $PsychoAlemana007.jpg
    $PsychoAlemana007.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 247
  • $PsychoAlemana009.jpg
    $PsychoAlemana009.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 250
  • $PsychoAlemana004.jpg
    $PsychoAlemana004.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 246
I have include a couple of photos of the ones I have. As you can see in the photos the head design is a little different.

Attachments

• $DSCF3216.jpg
    $DSCF3216.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 226
  • $DSCF3217.jpg
    $DSCF3217.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 229
I have an X-4. Found it in an antique store. The fun part was that I found the key first, then after about 20 minutes of searching I found the rest of the razor in a completely different part of the store!

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I have two, both with a date code of K1 which would date them to first quarter 1965. They also say "MARCAS REGS" (for registered trademark) in the lower right corner, instead of MADE IN USA"

I saw a set of two at an antique store last weekend. The dealer obviously knew they were rare and high dollar. He had $200 on the set of two with one key. I picked them up and looked em over. Is that a good price on them or was he way too high? They were in great shape and didn't look like they'd been used at all.

I saw a set of two at an antique store last weekend. The dealer obviously knew they were rare and high dollar. He had $200 on the set of two with one key. I picked them up and looked em over. Is that a good price on them or was he way too high? They were in great shape and didn't look like they'd been used at all.

That seems a little high to me. The key is that hard part to find if you want the set to be all original. I have picked up several of these razors for between $10 and $28 with out the key. As for the key a copy of members make keys that look really nice. I have also come up with a combination of a few parts for make decent looking keys.

That seems a little high to me. The key is that hard part to find if you want the set to be all original. I have picked up several of these razors for between $10 and $28 with out the key. As for the key a copy of members make keys that look really nice. I have also come up with a combination of a few parts for make decent looking keys.

Thanks I was wondering. I'm not really a collector of razors any longer so they wouldn't be practical for me.

Top Bottom