What's new

I found a dead Badger

Just 10 metres from my house was a dead badger, it was heavy so i got a mate to help me tie it and place cardboard under it to pull with my car, anyway i now have a badger so how do i make a shaving brush?

I'm sorry for laughing...But this was possibly the most funny post I have read this week lol. "I now have a badger so how do I make a shaving brush?" Priceless my friend. But as Jim asked...Have you ever skinned an animal (it is not for the faint hearted)? If not you might see if there is a place around that would do it for you. The hair in brushes is treated with certain processes (that I personally know nothing about) and it is probably quite a bit of effort, might not be worth trying to go from animal to brush?

If the animal isn't too decomposed or bloody...Or it wasn't super brutal I would love to see a picture and something next to it to compare the size. Never seen a real badger (other than on TV of course).

Just 10 metres from my house was a dead badger, it was heavy so i got a mate to help me tie it and place cardboard under it to pull with my car, anyway i now have a badger so how do i make a shaving brush?

I suppose you make it from the parts you don't end up eating.:w00t:

I'm sorry for laughing...But this was possibly the most funny post I have read this week lol. "I now have a badger so how do I make a shaving brush?" Priceless my friend. But as Jim asked...Have you ever skinned an animal (it is not for the faint hearted)? If not you might see if there is a place around that would do it for you. The hair in brushes is treated with certain processes (that I personally know nothing about) and it is probably quite a bit of effort, might not be worth trying to go from animal to brush?

If the animal isn't too decomposed or bloody...Or it wasn't super brutal I would love to see a picture and something next to it to compare the size. Never seen a real badger (other than on TV of course).
We have plenty of badgers around here (Sweden)

They smell absolutely horrible. As in gut-wrenching.
And it doesn't get better when you skin them...

Whatever you do, make sure to sterilize the heck out of that hair.
They are chock-full of all kinds of nastiness.

When you meet a live badger the first thing that strikes you is how ridicoulus they look.
Awkward body, long snout, walk with a real swagger from side to side. Weird striping.

The second thing you notice is just exactly how bad@ss they are.
Any other animal you meet in the middle of the woods will just run away, especially if you have a big dog or two wih you.
But not a badger. Oh no.
It will stare you down & stare the dogs down until the dogs start whining nervously & you yourself are looking for a good way to retreat.

If you decide to go on with this project, PLEASE document it with lots of pictures!

I was one of the lucky winners of the contest in this thread, and am waiting on my badger hair to arrive from Sweden. There are some videos and links in the referenced thread that may be of help. Can't say yet how it goes, but I plan to post pictures and info about the process. You might contact Swarovskilainen and ask him for any tips he might share about skinning the badger and harvesting the hair for a knot. Good luck!

"I found a dead badger"

That, sir, is going to be bouncing around in my head for a looong time..:001_tongu

-s

To take the Lighter Side of this - I know he is serious about making a brush but still ...

1: A man walks into a Barber Shop holding a dead badger ... :scared:

---------------------------------------------------

2: Do car tires soften the hairs faster? "Honey, back over it just one more time ... and it'll be ready to use." :001_tt2:

3: Scarry .... Jeffrey Dahmer brought road-kill home too! :devil:

Wish You Luck on finding some way to "process" your ... uh, "treasure"!

1: A man walks into a Barber Shop holding a dead badger ... :scared:

I vote for number 1.

To the original poster. I would imagine that the process of skinning the animal, treating the hair and then getting it tied into a knot might be cost prohibitive.

Top Bottom