What's new

What is/was Dad's Aftershave?

None at all. The man abhors scent of all kinds. No aftershave, no cologne, nothing. The only smell thing that's come even close to reminding me of him is the old Pears glycerine soap, and MR GLO glycerine soap.

I don't know why he used them, and he didn't use them often, but he's always had a bar of glycerine soap.

My dad was an Aqua Velva guy for the longest. His shaving is so minimal now I don't even know he uses aftershave.

Abuelo still shaves every two days and insists on Old Spice.

Dad bought and used Aqua Velva. He would use Brut if someone gave him a bottle. My maternal grandfather used Old Spice (period, end of story). My paternal grandfather was shaved every morning (except Sunday) by his barber, so he wore whatever the barber shop was using.

My Dad was an Old Spice man, pretty much exclusively when I was a kid. He's 80 now and I was surprised to learn he's moved to Skin Bracer.

Brut. He passed away in 2007 and I keep a sample of it to smell from time to time.

Well Brut and what we lovingly called "work grease" which was the mixture of tree sap and the machinery grease from the logging equipment that never could be removed from him and his work clothes no matter how much either was washed (Dad was a logger).

My Dad was an Old Spice user for as long as I can remember. Like most everyone, I used to watch him shave when I was a little kid. I'll never forget that and I guess that's why I've become such an Old Spice junkie now. I love the stuff because it brings back so many wonderful memories.

Dad would rotate between Old Spice, Skin Bracer, bay rum, witch hazel, and rarely Lilac Vegital. Usage varied but mostly OS.

As far back as I remember, my dad has always used Skin Bracer, and he probably always will! I could never wear it though, it just wouldn't seem quite right.

My dad passed away years ago but I always remember him wearing british sterling. I ordered a bottle of it a while back and it still smells as bad as I remember. I still keep it in my shave den just because my dad wore it. It still is a real cool looking bottle.

My dad was a Norelco man, dry electric shave and then walk away.

My grandfather, on the other hand, whipped up a lather in a coffee mug, shaved with a Gillette Superspeed and used Old Spice splash until the day he died.

Top Bottom