What's new

TGN STA vs Vie Long Silvertip

Is there a difference between these silvertips? Are vie long silvertips almost the same as a TGN super badger and silvertip a?

I personally own a TGN super badger, silvertip and silvertip grade A and I can tell you that the silvertip is 20% scritch 80% soft, silvertip grade A is about 10% scritch and 90% soft and the super badger is just pure 100% soft. I personally don't feel much different between the TGN Finest knots and the TGN Silvertip knots.

Excellent! Thank you, its just that silvertip isn't the same between all the brands. But i've heard of TGN knots are made by vulfix, is that true?

the vie-long 16510 silvertip is extremely soft and very useable for any cream/soap...it depends more on your technique and cream to water ratio....the vie-long is far softer than my kent b4,another very soft brush....

Excellent! Thank you, its just that silvertip isn't the same between all the brands. But i've heard of TGN knots are made by vulfix, is that true?

At one time (a very short period) he carried "English" made knots that were probably made by Vulfix, but he hasn't had any in a year.

Top Bottom