What's new

QED Select Nautral Horn silvertip badger 24mm knot

Cool looking brush. Is it just me or does that look like it could be a Shavemac rebrand? For some reason it looks really familiar.

That's a really good price too for natural horn.

Hmm I I was looking at Shavemac and it seems like I would be able to customize a bursh for a very similar price in Super Silvertip?

That is a heck of a price. I'll be very interested to hear the feedback. Looks similar in quality to my M&Fs, but set like a Shavemac.

That's a very good price for what appears to be the same knot used in their acrylic handles which are priced higher. Horn can be beautiful but does need some care to prevent drying and possible cracking. I use neatsfoot oil and Renaissance Wax to retain the luster. I'd ask Charles about the knot being used. These are not as high density brushes as some other makes and are generally well regarded.

Initial impression is that the loft is a bit lower per knot width than normal for QED? If so, it's going to be a really nice brush.

Wow - the interest in this brush is making me nervous - I'm going to give into my brush acqusition disorder and order before any of you cats get your grubby paws on my brush :)

My understanding is that the dimensions are identical to the 3x24's but that there's about 22 grams of silvertip in the QED Select vs 20 grams in the Savile Row. But I would double check that before buying if it's important to you.

Initial impression is that the loft is a bit lower per knot width than normal for QED? If so, it's going to be a really nice brush.

To me, they look like Kimson handles + Kimson knots. :biggrin1: Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. :thumbup1: I have two Kimson silvertip brushes and can't recommend them highly enough. I simply love them.
Kimson knots are excellent, dense and luxurious - and the tips are softer that my T&H/Rooney 1/3 Silvertip.

The QED Select is in the building! I almost want to head down to the mailroom to personally retrieve it! The suspense is killing me!

Hmmm - Fragile'? Must be Italian?

proxy.php

I think no less than 10 rolls of packing tape were used on this box - I need to go find a sharp insturment in order to slice this thing open

Top Bottom