What's new

Orange Monster

I am on the ever popular quest for a Seiko Orange monster. I prefer used if possible, and I would like to get the bracelet. I have been watching timezone and WUS with no luck. Any other suggestions? I am leary about the bay for this, I like to get them from another collector. Thanks,

WUS should have some info on which bay sellers are reputable. Got mine with SS bracelet for 150usd on the bay.

That is a great deal if you can get it. I need a new band for mine. The rubber band is cracking. I still love the watch!!

Marty

Excellent example of the Monster. Bracelet, crystal, crown, bezel are very clean; appears to have all the links for sizing, if necessary. As mentioned, if it doesn't work out, Timezone and WatchTalk are great sources, and this can generally be had in this price range (sometimes with extra straps...rubber or nato).

Hope to see some wrist shots posted in the near future...

So I am completing a deal and the watch should go out today, hopefully ensconced on my wrist by mid next week. I contacted the guy from PMWF but never got a response. I ended up posting a WTB ad on timezone and got a response pretty quickly. In fact, I heard from another guy on there as well, so if anyone else is looking for one I might have a source.

The one I got is on the bracelet, which I prefer but I do intend to get a NATO for it, and possibly a hadley roma with the orange stitching. Stay tuned for pics!

I'm intrigued by this watch. I wish I could try one on before buying one. The stock photos and even wrist shots look a little "industrial" to my taste but there is still something about it's appearance that keeps me considering it. On the wrist it could be a very different appearance.

Legion

Staff member
I have an SKX011j. Same basic movement and features, different style (which I prefer). Good watch for the price. Put mine on a Maratac strap. Hate rubber.

proxy.php

These are great watches. A good source, and recommended by Seiko USA as an authorized dealer on the internet is princeton watches. They are all over the internet though, and you should be able to find one for around $200 new. there are no JDM monsters. Also google blue, red, and green monsters. they put out special editions from time to time. And here is a good source for a new clasp if you find the divers extension a bit tedious:

http://www.tungchoywatch.com/product_info.php/cPath/140_142/products_id/912

$IMAG0267.jpg

Not as if anyone doesn't already know what they look like, or at least most do, but here is mine. Still getting used to the fit, I may need to add a link back in to the bracelet, but I like the watch a lot so far. Lume is amazing on it, and I like having the day and the date on the face. Its a bit smaller than the Bluering I am used to wearing, but not in a strange way.

I am probably going to get a nato band for it eventually. I also saw a Hadley Roma band that was 'kevlar' style with orange stitching, which I saw on someone elses Orange Monster and it looked really nice.

Top Bottom