What's new

Kent or Simpson...

I'm looking to get a higher end brush.. but I can't decide between the simpson duke 3 or the kent k8.
What do I do?!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Get both. Never tried the Kent, but love my Duke 3, one of the best brushes I have

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
When it comes to badger brushes, Simpson is my personal #1 brand. And the Duke series is the pick of the range, IMHO.

Couldn't ask for 2 totally different brushes. To make it easier for you:

If you primarily use soaps buy the simpsons
If you primarily use creams get the Kent

Both are great brushes that get rave reviews, but they have totally different feels and specialize in different tasks

I love my Duke 3. Super dense, very little splay, I'm still breaking mine in. It creates it's own backbone and scrubby feeling with lots and lots of density.

I have a Duke 2 and a Kent BK8 and the Kent is the hands down winner between these 2 brushes (in my opinion based on my shaving preference).

I believe I have found my "Goldilocks porridge" with the BK8...

Not too big, not too small, not too stiff, not too soft. It's just right :001_wub:

proxy.php

I myself had a moment that couldn't decide between the duke 3 or the classic 2. (No kent in my story.) I went with the Classic 2. The knots and lofts are similar to one another, the handle is 5mm smaller in the classic, thats all.

I can only compare my several Simpsons with my one Kent 2009 B&B LE. The Kent is a beautiful brush, but It does not have the backbone that I like for soaps and soft soaps. The Simpsons (Colonel, Case, Commodore) get almost all of the use.

i went ahead and ordered both.
IMPULSE BUY!

Hardly an impulse buy. A well-reasoned decision, recommended to you by your enablers esteemed advisors here on the forum. Nick has it right - if you use both creams and soaps, you'll be glad you have both brushes.

My BK8 just arrived today, and it looks beautiful. I'm soooo impatient to go home, throw some C.O. Bigalow cream in the bowl and swirl it before the mowing with New.

Top Bottom