What's new

Parker 99R - First Shave

Had my first shave with my new Parker 99R this morning. A real nice razor for sure. It's sexy as hell with the barber pole shape and butterfly head. Shave was smooth and comfortable and the size and weight are substantial, which I like. I don't have much experience with razors (only two now) but I'd say it's not too aggressive. As a relative newbie it's larger TTO head seems to lend to proper angle. My Merkur 23C, although also not aggressive, will cut even if the angle is a bit too narrow or wide but with the 99R you pretty much have to be at just the right angle, so that's nice.

My one question/concern is that the butterfly head worked itself just a tiny bit loose once or twice. I didn't want to ratchet down to tight on the TTO mechanism, but do I really need to worry about this? Any problem with really turning it down nice and tight or do I risk damaging the razor?

Anyway, I'm very pleased over all with this new purchase. Anybody else have this razor? What are your thoughts?

I have owned this razor for a long time now it is my sole razor as well as my first, it is very nice and gives a very good shave depending on blade I use Feathers and it feels good in the hand and I have small hands. It is a mild shaver but it gets the job done very well, don't let that turn you off it is a smooth cutting razor that doesn't need a "Screaming Edge". I wouldn't worry about tightening it down and breaking it, when I place a blade in I tighten it completely. So do not worry it isn't that breakable other wise I would have had problems by now, so place a blade in tighten completely and have a nice time with what usually is a chore. :001_tongu

Last edited:
I noted the same problem with my 99R, and mentioned it in my review. I like the shave quality of the '99 very much, but retired it when I bought a Muhle R41 last year.

Top Bottom