What's new

The last book you read!

Rate it 1-5. You can also write a review if you'd like.

If there is already a thread for this a mod can delete this one.

Have a little faith by mitch albom: I rate this book a 5. I will write up a review when I get home and get off my phone.

I'm excited to be introduced to some new books by the fine crowd here at b&b.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
be_ray:
Yes, there's already a Thread for this topic...which I have included below. :thumbsup:

What Are You Reading?

proxy.php
“The more that you read, the more things youwill know. The more that you learn the more places you’ll go.” Dr. Seuss

"Behind the Beautiful Forevers" by Katherine Boo

Wonderfully written, kind of like non-fiction Slum Dog Millionaire

Think and Grow Rich. Some of it gets a bit over the top, but there is some good stuff in there. And it is a classic that will be around for a long time (it already has). I seem to be on a self improvement kick here lately.

I'm reading Raise the Titanic by Clive Cussler and really enjoying it. It reads a lot like Dan Browns' books. I'd rate it a 4.

Last edited:
Dune - Frank Herbert

I rate it a 5. Dune is the first in the series of 6 original and there are many others after. Best science fiction book I have read.

Dune - Frank Herbert

I rate it a 5. Dune is the first in the series of 6 original and there are many others after. Best science fiction book I have read.

I agree re a 5 and the best SF, to me, I have ever read. Not my usual genre, though.

I seem to be utterly obessed with the Wallander series right now by Henning Mankell. May be a middle-aged thing. I would get each I have read, and I have read a bunch, a 4 or a 5, depending on the one, and, I suppose, in part depending on how credible the plot. Writing is good to excellent throughout. The translators must be the best.

I think this is a repeat thread. But I am not going to do anything about it, in part because I do not know how to meld one thread with another and do not want to lose these posts!

Top Bottom