What's new

Suggestions for Non-Acne Causing Shaving Creams?

Right now I'm using TOBS Lavender and I'm pretty sure it is causing some of the breakouts I'm getting around my jawline / cheek. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some milder shaving cream. I have noticed that when I put on the lavender that I feel a slight burning so it might be an allergy instead of acne - this I'm not sure about.

But yea, anyone have any suggestions on some mild shaving cream?

Tom's of Maine Calendula Shave Cream might be just the ticket. The Tom's of Maine mint is OK too if you like mint but I prefer the calendula. Check out the ingredients at their web site. Tom's is currently my favorite shave cream and I have tried Taylor of Old Bond Street Rose, Nancy Boy Signature, Proraso Green Tube, and Kiss My Face Lavender and Shea shave creams. Use a 3/4 to 1 inch long length of cream when you lather it out of the tube. Everything else I am currently shaving with is soap. You might also try the Tom's of Maine Calendula Moisturizing Body Bar available at Wal-Mart - it is a great shower soap if you like the scent.

JimT

I've decided on going with one of these, but I can't decide which one. Truefitt is about $15 more expensive, which is worth it as far as I'm concerned if it will help with my skin. Has any one used either of these and has something to say about them?

I just started using the TOBS Avacado and love it, my skin feels so good. But I wonder if it will work for you since the lavender is making you break out. I have read that a few people who were allergic or irritated by TOBS couldn't use any of their products, their is something common in all them I guess. I wonder if a soap would be better for you. But the avacado is worth a shot in my book, great stuff. What aftershave or post shave are you using? It could also be that. I like to use thayers then proraso ASB, seems to work for me. When I used just Proraso I broke out alittle. It is worth considering. Maybe try a good face wash also.

I'm using Neutrogena Razor Defense as my after shave. I just started using it though and I was breaking out before so i don't think it's that

I used the Neutrogena also at one point and felt that it left my skin oily and sometimes I would break out with it. I also found that it burned kinda like an alcohol AS. Just my experience.But if you were breaking out before than it isn't the main source. Maybe take a day or two off and let your skin take a break, and try a different face wash. I haven't used Truefitt before, mainly because of the price. I seemed to do really good with Nancy boy, doesn't dry you out nor leave your face all oily. The pepremint smell is quite good also.

Top Bottom