What's new

Dorco blades

I had terrible shaves with these when I was starting out, but they are now my favorite! I hear that the 300's and 301's are different, while others say they are the same but packaged differently. Oh, and I love that they are some of the cheapest blades you can buy!

Last edited:
Used the blade again today, 2nd shave on it. Great shave I did a three pass with no touch up. I got close to bbs. The blade is not that sharp but it does not pull either, I will keep trying them but for the cost.... I might buy a large pack

I just got a BBS- from the fresh 300 (in a 40s superspeed) i just stropped on the kriss kross. i did a HHT before and after and edge seems about same by that experiment..

deruitem, hope you don't mind me joining in the Dorco "challenge".

stropped the Dorco 300 again in the Kriss Kross stropper and stuck the blade in a tuckaway. it wasn't a great feeling, and it wasn't pulling either. got to almost DFS, probably a decent DFS shave, but the mental aspect of it was negative. Even before the shave I was thinking why am i doing this experiment when i have a nice kai mild blade waiting for me...

deruitem, hope you don't mind me joining in the Dorco "challenge".

stropped the Dorco 300 again in the Kriss Kross stropper and stuck the blade in a tuckaway. it wasn't a great feeling, and it wasn't pulling either. got to almost DFS, probably a decent DFS shave, but the mental aspect of it was negative. Even before the shave I was thinking why am i doing this experiment when i have a nice kai mild blade waiting for me...

I liked the 301, do you have any of those?

I am a fan of the 301's performance and a huge fan of their price. I get fantastic shaves with them. The margin between them and my favorite blades is very slim.

Been watching MSNBC on a live streaming video web site, and Dorco has an ad linked to the site:

http://www.dorcousa.com/

Looks like they're trying to make inroads under their own name in the market here. They're showing STD-301 blades in 5 and 10-packs. STD is an unfortunate abbreviation choice, but I think it means ST-301's in a slide-out dispenser. There's a young lady in a brief video clip at the top of the Web page pitching Dorco's price advantage...

I used to get Dorcos as samples in different orders and never tried them because of their poor reputation. Then I read about the difference between the 300's and 301's and tried a 301 recently. I literally said "Holy sh--!" after the first stroke. They are VERY sharp and reasonably smooth, and not so forgiving in an EJ razor. I'll have to try them in a TTO but from that first shave, they're in the top tier as far as sharpness goes.

I used to get Dorcos as samples in different orders and never tried them because of their poor reputation. Then I read about the difference between the 300's and 301's and tried a 301 recently. I literally said "Holy sh--!" after the first stroke. They are VERY sharp and reasonably smooth, and not so forgiving in an EJ razor. I'll have to try them in a TTO but from that first shave, they're in the top tier as far as sharpness goes.

I too just pulled out the 301's the other day in my EJ89 and was impressed.

try a 300! at least once.

I've used 301s in the EJ89L the last couple of shaves. 3 pass shaves, it seems like it won't be a durable blade for me, felt some tugging during 2nd shave. I did have really nice results above the jaw line both times... below the jaw was a little rough and I ended up with a few nicks. Not too forgiving, as Kevan also thought.

I tried the 301s a long time ago and thought it felt pretty much like plucking the hairs out with an oyster shell.

Again, though, my technique might have been pretty bad back then. Maybe I should revisit these.......

You need to confirm that you were using DORCO 301's.

There is NO WAY these excellent blades gave you a bad shave.

No one else has had your experience with the 301's.

I have a doubt.

:shaving:

Top Bottom