What's new

Aqua Velva Musk...

...I picked this up at Wal Mart a week or so ago. I thought it smelt the best out of all of the Aqua Velvas they had...for some reason though, the name "Musk" just never appealed to me. To me, musk is a scent bordering on BO...but I dig the AV Musk...the only thing that could make it better is how it is dispensed...it just pours out, and dripples down the side of the bottle...maybe I am just spoiled by the graceful ease my Clubman comes out of the bottle with...hell, even the imitation Brut I bought at the dollar store has a better spout that this AV...oh well, smells nice though...

Yup, excellent stuff. As The Nid Hog said, use your fingertip over the hole, those new plastic bottles don't pour as nicely.

Jay

Edit- Oh, and don't worry... We all slapped our foreheads and said "Duh" the first time someone tells you the finger trick!:biggrin1:

Last edited:
I've smelled the musk and it wasn't bad at all. I kind of had the same pre-conceived notion of musk too just like you. Haven't tried it but I have the standard Ice Blue. It doesn't blow my socks off but for an inexpensive aftershave you can get anywhere it's pretty darn good. If it works just as well (which I would assume the only difference is the colorant and fragrance) I might have to give it a try when the Ice Blue runs out.

I had the same problem with the dipsenser also - not sure why they made it that way. Finger does the trick. I wish they were like Lucky Tiger where nothing comes out until you give it a little squeeze.

I got a bottle of AV Musk today thanks to the poster above(thanks again Brent) and I love it, great warm and even sexy scent, quite nice! :smile:

Concerning the spout on the AV musk.......The makers of AV are no dummies, they know how to make you use more of their product. How many of use have not stood there
looking at a huge puddle of AV in our palms? More is better is the way I look at it.

Bought a bottle a few weeks ago, my first (and only) AV, I love it. Night shaver here, but I've been throwing a bit on as a cologne before work almost every day. My coat collar smells like it even after a weekend of not wearing it.

This thread prompted me to musk-up today!

Me too CC........
I am fortunate to still have one of the last glass bottles.

proxy.php

Top Bottom