What's new

New to Straight Shaving

So todays shave was MUCH better. Little to no razor burn and I'm not jittery in the least with the straight. I give it a month and I'll make my first ATG pass with the straight. That being said, as much as I love my prorazo for sensitive skin, anyone have recommendations for what I should try next when it runs out?

Gotta ask, no harm in tidying up with my DE at this stage is there?

I'm on day 6 and finish still with a full ATG pass with my DE. Frankly, I'm pretty pleased with the results of the combination as I get more accustomed with the SR. No way I could go out of the house with just the straight shave at this point.

I have another thread where someone told me I shouldn't be complicating things at this point because I've only be doing this for a month or so at this point. I love my DE, and my straight blade. Both have their advantages. I just picked up a 1940's Gillette Aristocrat for 25$. SO excited. I want to shave NOW!! Even though I already did today lol :p

I hear you. My new fatboy has sat for an entire week without being touched due to the straight and the new slim I've been finishing with. Its sad, but I really wish shaving was a more than once per day thing...

Gotta say...before I started wet shaving...when I first saw that video on "How it's made" about how they made DE blade and handles, made me wonder. I sat there going...I hate shaving...but why are they still making vintage shaving equipment...maybe there's something to this. And I looked into DE shaving...tried it...and now I'm hooked...and not just DE but straight as well. Never once thought I'd be SO in love with the process. We all have different methods we enjoy. Warm lather shaving, heard the other day about cold shaving. Different blades, different handles. So many different variables that change the experience for the user. I'm SO happy I did this. When I was a kid I asked my step father when he taught me to shave...what's the best blade? The best cream/lather?...I just remember him saying...it doesn't matter, they're all the same. He was SO wrong...My eyes were opened the day I bought that Parker 96r...and I will NEVER go back...EVER...

Top Bottom