The B&B Members Active Duty PIF
PIF: Noun, Verb. Acronym meaning Pay It Forward. We do something for you, you do something for someone else when you can.
This is not a contest. Anyone who meets the requirements below is eligible.
The Rules You know there had to be rules, that's just the way it is.
This is open to the following:
1. Active Duty Full Time U.S. Military, any branch, stationed anywhere Outside the United States.
2. Active Duty National Guard and Reserve units stationed anywhere Outside the United States.
3. You may post for relatives or friends who meet the above 2 requirements.
4. I will ship ONLY to APO/FPO addresses. (this is to eliminate fraud)
5. You need an Active Duty Badge which you can get by posting to the Active Military members check in~ thread linked in my sig below, then joining the Active Duty User Group at here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/profile...editusergroups; note:you have to join the User Group to get the badge. If posting for friends or family, you don't need the Badge, but I will still only ship to APO/FPO.
6. Post in this thread. Tell us a little about yourself: where you're stationed, what you do, how long you've been in.
7. After getting your Active Duty Badge and posting here, send me a PM with your name, rank, APO/FPO and what you need.
8. I can send anything I have from some blades, brush or soap, to a full blown kit (minus the kit bag).
1. DE razors. I currently have about 40-50 vintage Gillettes plus a few modern DEs.
2. Well over 1,500 DE blades of various brands.
3. A bunch of soaps and creams.
4. A selection of brushes, mostly badger in various grades, with a few boar and horse hair.
Where did all this stuff come from? Do you think I'm made of money?
This started out many moons ago as a one time PIF; 1 kit for 1 soldier. Then someone asked me if I would accept donations. Foolishly, I said yes. Then someone else asked the same thing. And all of a sudden I had enough gear to send out kits to the 5 folks who responded, with a lot left over. Feeling guilty about keeping the leftover gear, I created a PIF open to Active Duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now I'm opening it up to all Active Duty U.S. Military stationed outside the U.S. Most of what I have to send, probably 75%+ has been donated by the good members of B&B. One exceptionally generous member has donated over 1,000 blades and many soaps.
Side note: I have never served in the military; I lucked out in the Vietnam era draft with a high number. My user name comes from an old nickname when I was the sound man for a local punk/new wave band: Captain P. Overboard.