What's new

ahh ejde89 how i had forsaken you

a while ago i said i use a mach 3 now for quick convenience really as i work nights and have no life or time because of it lol but i have had two days of and i got the edwin jagger de89 out for a spin with a new derby blade, preped with old spice high endurance face wash hot towel then a small amount of no7 no friction shave gel and a good lather of arko and it was gorgous nice smooth and a pleasure, but i think i will leave it for when i have time to my self and not use it everyday.

Umm, maybe what you need to do is do this everyday.

Life's too short to race through. If all you do is hurry, stress builds and then you have other issues.

Slow down, take the time for yourself to shave. What does it add, another 10 minutes tops? And I'm a serious newb.

While a newb, I know the reason for taking time to smell the coffee - take a shave - sit down with a good pipe - enjoy a fine cigar - etc...

You need this for more than just getting whiskers off your face.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

+1 Newb to newb..... I look forward to this small amount of time to myself everyday. It has become a pleasure, not a chore.

Hey jonty,

I get it. Time is short. Life is hard.

But seriously bloke, set that alarm 15 mins earlier, setup the gear in the bathroom before you go to sleep and just take the time. Easy to say I know but harder to do.

Do it.

your write guys mayby it is about finding that time everyday to do something you enjoy instead of waiting for time of, thanks gents.

I shave my face and head each and every morning, and still get to the office by 7am. I don't forsake the DE face shave (I also use a de89l) at the mirror and sink with a good soap or cream and brush. I still shave my face with that format each morning, but I save time (or cheat) by using a cart and canned goo on my head in the shower (Barbasol yellow can is good stuff-I don't care what anyone says). I get better results (closer and less irritation) on my face by using the DE, but results are better on my head with the cart. I can do it by feel in about 25% of the time as it takes to use a DE on my head, and there are no nicks, etc.

It's what works for me. I hope you find a routine that works for you, and still allows you to enjoy the better quality stuff. As others stated, life is too short not to slow down and enjoy the process. We spend too much of our life doing this, so we might as well enjoy it.

Cheers!

Top Bottom