What's new

Does anyone have a Heinrich L. Thäter "Series 4125/3" 28mm Finest Badger Silver Tip?

I just pulled the trigger on a Thäter Series 4125/3 from SRD and was wondering is any B&B members had any feedback on this brush. The only review I have been able to find was over at SRP. Thanks as always gents!

Last edited:
As you already bought it it is probably too late for any feedback... I have the 4125/1 and /0 and assuming you like the bigger diameter it will be just fantastic (mine are...)

I have the 4125/2 and it's probably one of my best brush, great with soap/cream/stick and very good with bowl or in face lather !

I have the 49125-3 (plexi handle), it's one of the finest brushes on the market. If you're looking for scritch however, you bought the wrong brush. It's the most versatile brush I own working perfectly with soaps or creams and both with bowl or face lathers. It would be my desert island brush.

Correction... I called up SRD this morning and asked if they could change my order to a Thater 4125/2 B 26MM two band finest silver tip bulb. SRD was very accommodating and made the swap for me and put it in the mail this morning. So the waiting begins... I think my original selection was just too much bulb shape for me. I am still torn over whether I should have gone with the 3 band instead of the 2 band but I am sure it will be a lovely brush nonetheless. I don't currently own a brush over a 25mm knot size (my Duke 3) so I think the 3 band at 28mm (From my understanding Thaters run about 2mm larger than the advertised knot size) would have been a potential lather hog and too much for my liking. I can feel my SBAD kicking in pretty bad right now though. I already want a fan shaped Thater in white. I don't currently own any fan shaped brushes and right now I am still using a scuttle, bowl and my face to later. From what I have read the fan shaped brushes are predominately for face lathering. Would it be wise of me to order a fan shape brush if I am not 100% committed to face lathering?

I think my original selection was just too much bulb shape for me. I am still torn over whether I should have gone with the 3 band instead of the 2 band but I am sure it will be a lovely brush nonetheless. I don't currently own a brush over a 25mm knot size (my Duke 3) so I think the 3 band at 28mm (From my understanding Thaters run about 2mm larger than the advertised knot size) would have been a potential lather hog and too much for my liking. . I don't currently own any fan shaped brushes and right now I am still using a scuttle, bowl and my face to later. From what I have read the fan shaped brushes are predominately for face lathering. Would it be wise of me to order a fan shape brush if I am not 100% committed to face lathering?

I have 5 Thater brushes none are lather hogs and I can't recall others saying they are. That said, there are hundreds of thousands of posts here so I imagine someone might have made a comment like that and they do seem to run a bit larger than the specs suggest. But unlike Chubbies that's not their reputation. Here is an exhaustive thread on Thater "Zwei-Bands" that should help.

I think the standard Thater bulb shaped knot is simply superb for either face or bowl lathering. When doing a face lather in the shower, I reach for them more often than I do my Rooney fans. They load soap brilliantly, especially the soft Italian style croaps.

Last edited:
I ordered a Thater 4125/0 I 22mm Two band Finest Silver Tip Fan.

http://www.straightrazordesigns.com...-4125-0-i-22mm-two-band-finest-silver-tip-fan

The measurement specs are similar to my Simpsons CH1 Best. I wanted a brush with softer tips, some scrub, no scratch and not a lather hog. This one seems to fit the bill. I primarily face lather creams. The fan shaped knot looks very intriguing. It almost looks like a hybrid between a fan and bulb which should make for a great face lathering brush.

Thanks guys, I can't wait for this brush to arrive. I suspect a 3 band fan is in my future. I may need to sell a few straights to make it happen but it seems likely I will end up ordering one.

Top Bottom