What's new

Shaving scuttle..????

I see these things called "scuttles". Of various shapes but have a basic, general appearance. Problem for me is...WHAT the heck are they? What do they do?? How do they function?? I get the idea they are to keep lather warm ( somehow) via extremely hot water.

Someone clue me in if you would.

Thanks!

Now that you know what one is - which one did you order lol? Hope you enjoy it when it gets in - a winter must I say!! :001_tt2:

Seriously though, you can kind of replicate the experience as I do by finding a bowl that fits on top of a mug full of hot water. That's all I do - I love it. Having said that, the guys here who do have proper scuttles seemingly love them!!

Hmmmm..! After reading about them and seeing them....I think Im more of a straight bowl man myself. Thanks for the info

Now that you know what one is - which one did you order lol? Hope you enjoy it when it gets in - a winter must I say!! :001_tt2:

Seriously though, you can kind of replicate the experience as I do by finding a bowl that fits on top of a mug full of hot water. That's all I do - I love it. Having said that, the guys here who do have proper scuttles seemingly love them!!

Oh yea baby... My 3nd one should be here today (G5)... Now just need 4 more to complete my 7 day set :lol:

Used one for a bit, but found the heat broke down the lather too quick. Stopped using it altogether when I switched to face lathering.

I just got my scuttle from Dirty Bird Pottery. I use very hot water in the lower bowl. I love it. It's great to have hot, or at least very warm, lather. :drool:

Steve

Top Bottom