What's new

Entering Fatherhood

It's official. I am a proud father of a little girl.

Our daughter was born on Dec. 31 2011 at 4am. Her mom was a champion by whom I am beyond impressed.

Her name is Isabel Nicole Haeger, and she was born with a full head of hair (more hair than both of her grandfathers from birth! :001_tt2: ).

I've been ecstatic about it, but hesitant to share. Well.. I figured if there were a group of people I'd feel comfortable sharing with, this would be it.

This is her at 5 days old.
proxy.php

You're very blessed! Congrats!

I had a FULL head of BLACK hair when I was born. Had my first haircut when I was very very young.
When I was a kid my hair was very very blonde tending towards white in the summers. It has since settled somewhere in the "brownish" range.

Last edited:
Congrats fella!
i can only say the feelin gets better & better, each time you think about, see or only talk to her,
every little thing she does will make you burst with proudness......
my little daughter is gonna be 12 in March, and she is the most perfect person in my life,
and from experience.... i know you'll feel very very same mate, well done to the new dad & mom

Wait, a couple of years or a couple more children and test your enthusiasm... :) Seriously, congratulations, kids are wonderful!! but they require a lot of attention and patience. You will see :).

Al raz.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Jason:
Huge Congrats
proxy.php
on the birth of your daughter.
proxy.php

Having children is a great responsibility filled with love and joy because in the future, there will be many memories to store directly in both of
your hearts.
Thanx for the pic...Isabel is a lovely girl!!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Having a child is surely the most beautiful act that two people in love can commit too". CBJ

PS I hope you do realize this means that you'll have to pass out e-mail Cigars for all B & B members. :lol1:

Dude that is AWESOME! My first is a girl, and she's got my number brother! It's great!

Moreover, if there is anything to astrology - she'll be one of the greats (yeah I am a Dec 31 baby too LOL)!

BTW - Love your new "title" lol!! :001_tt2: Oh and you know you can claim her fro all of 2011 on your taxes too lol!!

Last edited:
That's awesome. Congrats. Take a lot of pictures because before you know it, she will be graduating from college. My baby daughter will be 30 next year. It goes by fast. Enjoy every minute.

Thanks, guys!

I helped raise my younger siblings, so I am not entirely green, though I can't say that I'm not a rookie at this! Flying by the seat of my pants on a nearly daily basis since day 1. I assume this is normal, heh.

We've been preparing for her for years. Literally. Patience is tested often, but so far, I think I've been able to manage it.

My wife has actually allowed me to sleep more than I wish she would. We're all sick thanks to the crippling 24+ hour day that was part of a 4am birth and the lack of sleep that has followed ever since. I almost cried three times that morning. Words just cannot express how happy and proud I am of both my wife and my daughter. :001_wub:

There will be no email cigars. Interestingly, my desire for a cigar or pipe has been non-existent since her birth. Parenthood is an interesting thing. I have never been so happy about burps, farts, poops, and the like before LOL.

p.s. - my user titled is taken from a thread in the Mess Hall when I defended my love for the Santoku style of knife after it was called girly by starting my defense with "well then stick a bow on me and call me princess, but...". I'm kind of attached to it. :001_smile

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
.......... my user titled is taken from a thread in the Mess Hall when I defended my love for the Santoku style of knife after it was called girly by starting my defense with "well then stick a bow on me and call me princess, but...". I'm kind of attached to it. :001_smile

Well princess, your gonna have to share that bow now. :001_tongu

Congratulations!

Top Bottom