What's new

New member, long time lurker and wet shaver

Hello all. I have been lurking for 4ish year and wet shaving nearly as long. I made the switch from cartridges because the shave was crap and they were too expensive. Also, I am very prone to ingrown hairs. Shaving with a DE has helped this immensely. My routine consists of shaving post shower, after using a face scrub. Post shave I use and alum block, followed by homemade Tend Skin, then finally after shave. Here's my gear list:

Merkur 34c
Gillette New Open Comb
Gillette Flare Tip

Parker Shavette
Fromm Hair Shaper/Shavette

Proaso Shaving Cream
Erasmic Shaving Cream
Musgo Real Shaving Cream

Williams Boar Brush
Shea Moisture Badger Brush

Feather Blades

Col Conk Lather Mug

I like the Gillette Flare Tip, the Musgo Real or Erasmic, Wiliiams Boar Brush, and Feather Blades the best. I have and have tried other blades, but nothing beats the Feather in my book.

We're glad you de-lurked! Your experience will be valuable for helping new guys with similar skin problems. I think you need some more soap, though. :whistling:

We're glad you de-lurked! Your experience will be valuable for helping new guys with similar skin problems. I think you need some more soap, though. :whistling:

Thanks everyone. I've found the DIY Tend Skin to be a god send. I am not too keen on soaps. I used them for a few years, but the creams seem to provide better protection and lubrication than the soaps. Also, I just can't get soaps to lather quite as well.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
xautumnsashesx::
Ah-ha!!!. So that's where you've been hiding all this time have you now (and 4 yrs at that), but that's OK because now you're with us. :lol1:

Anyway, welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom). Please feel free to come up to the sun deck & 'sit-a-spell' and thank you for dis-engaging you're 'lurking device' (another member comes out from the mist).

proxy.php

Sounds like your off to a great start, (and awesome your're using a Merkur [I have a 23C & 38C], razor), and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and alround 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here.

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

"Lead us not into temptation. Just tell us where it is; we'll find it". Sam Levenson

Please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame sub-forum.

:straight:"Don't worry about the [cuts, weepers and] nicks and pick up your life...forget all the bad things, the pain and the strife". Author Unknown

Top Bottom