What's new

The Great Blade Exchange - Redux - See Post #2 for Stock List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to trade 6 Merkur Platinum Stainless, 4 Gillette 7 o'clock green, 2 Personna Platinum (red), and 2 Personna Super (blue - med)

for 8 Astra Super Platinum. Thanks

Brian

Received my blades as well. Thanks Paul.

I have some blades on their way from across the pond. I'll put together a donation to the blade bank once they come in.

Brian,

Not to be rude, but the point of this is for people to try a couple blades on a trial basis, not to trade blades that don't work for them straight-up for their favorites. You'd pretty much clean out the stock of Astra SP with this. I'll go 4 Astras, would you like to try something else?

I would like to trade 6 Merkur Platinum Stainless, 4 Gillette 7 o'clock green, 2 Personna Platinum (red), and 2 Personna Super (blue - med)

Brian

I agree. This is not really the idea of the exchange. Remember guys this is a not for profit deal to let everyone try different blades.

This is not a place to dump blades you dont like or have a lot of for blades you do like.

You should be requesting no more then 1 pair of any style of blade.

I have not broke the blades off into "value tiers" or anything like that (even though many suggested it) because I was hoping we could make this a PIF/community/brotherly type of thing.

Brian

Brian,

Not to be rude, but the point of this is for people to try a couple blades on a trial basis, not to trade blades that don't work for them straight-up for their favorites. You'd pretty much clean out the stock of Astra SP with this. I'll go 4 Astras, would you like to try something else?

Last edited:
The Kai are spoken for. Also, we are overfull on Derbys. Please do not send more

Saw your post / thanks.

How about this:

try 2 Gillette Super Blue
2 Gillette Seven o'clock Yellow
2 Personna Meds
2 Iridium Super

All systems a go?

Oh, and I wont send a 5 pack of Derby blades.

Sorry but the meds are spoken for. Would you like to try something else? Awesome donation btw!

Currently my blade of choice is the feather. I wanted to try the meds because everyone says that is their only real competition. Do you have a suggestion for an alternative? I would also consider sending everything now so that the group can benefit from the razors I have and I can wait until another pair of meds are donated; this would be my preference but the final decision must come from you.

Thank you again for this awesome PIF.

Saw your post / thanks.

How about this:

try 2 Gillette Super Blue
2 Gillette Seven o'clock Yellow
2 Personna Meds
2 Iridium Super

All systems a go?

Oh, and I wont send a 5 pack of Derby blades.

Unfortunately no, the Meds are spoken for as well. The highly esteemed blades do not last long at all

I got a bunch of blades in today and will try to get them out in the next day or two but they will be in the mail no later then Friday for sure!

I am willing to send to the stock:

2 x Gillette White Platinums aka cardboard Swedes (one of the most difficult to obtain and expensive current-production blades)
2 x Timor Solingens (missing now in the list)
2 x Bolzanos (missing now in the list)

And I would like to receive:

2 x Polsilver
2 x Gillette 7 O'clock Yellows (Sharp Edge)
2 x Personna Labs

And I can also donate a couple more Bolzanos to support the effort.

And I am looking for Souplex blades, but they are not available now. I can e.g. trade more Gillette White Platinums for Souplexes when/if they become available.

EDIT:
I just learnt Polisilvers have been discontinued; so even if I like them, I cannot buy them any more, and since they were my main interest in the blade swap, I think I am calling the offer off for now. I can, however, donate some individual interesting blades if I receive the postal address via a PM, thanks.

Last edited:
i wouldlike to trade 4 berkeley

for

2 rapira
2 polsilver

How many Berkleys do you have :lol:

Tell me a little about them.

Aren't they vintage blades? I've had some pretty hit and miss vintage blades as far as condition. We might have to impose a tighter limit on them.

I have no problem with doing multiple trades but DO NOT just send blades in without getting with maxzoran (preferably) or as a last result myself.

What we are trying to do here is let folks get exposure to a variety of blades without buying them. We are not a place for you to dump blades you don't like or trade 10 packs for samplers. If you have a bunch of the same kind of blades you want to trade get with us and we will discuss it and figure something out.

I hate to sound like I'm on a power trip but if you send in something that was not approved you will get a PM asking you if it's a donation or if you would like it returned.

Justin and I are just trying to help out a little, please don't make us "The Man" ( not like "Tha Man" more like "THE MAN" or "Big Brother") Not like you big brother but more like THE MAN :lol:

Is that clear as mud?

Hey Paul,
Just wanted to make sure I did it right, as it's my first time exchanging blades.
Hope you got my deposit safe and sound.

What a great service you are providing! Thanks to both plpenn and maxzoran!!! I mean, Justin and Paul!!
I have been wanting to try the yellows and the personnas forever.

I would like to try:

2 Gillette 7oclock yellow
2 Personna Med
2 Personna Lab
2 Personna Red

In exchange for:
8 Feathers

I would also like to donate:
4 Treet Dura Sharps
4 Derbys
4 Dorco Platnum 300s

Thanks!

I would like to try some Crystals, Blue Birds, Feathers & Gillette Silver Blues.

I have
4 Super Max Super Platinum
6 Treet Black Beauties
2 Treet Dura Sharps
4 Gillette Green Stainless
6 Persona marked Hospital Use in blue wrapper says Super(Labs?)

Thanks

I would like to trade 2 Feathers and 2 Personna reds for

2 Astra SP and 2 Personna Lab blades.

Please PM me with address.

BTW, this is an awesome idea. Thanks for the hard work.

Justin/Paul,

I sent out my package today. I received the PIF yesterday evening, thank you very much. Once I have an idea of which blade I like most and place an order, I will have more blades to send.

Thank you again for the time and effort you guys put in to make this happen.

Justin and Paul, thanks for doing the hard work

I would like to try:

2x Polsilver
2x Gillette Green
2x Iridium
2x Wilkinson Sword
2x Dorko 301

I would donate these:

5x Perma Sharp
5x Personna Lab (Hospital use in blue wrapper)
5x Personna Reds
5x Rapira Swedish Steel
5x Ladas

Let me know if I did this correctly. Thanks again

I would like to try:
2 Treet Black Beauties and
2 Super Iridiums.

I can donate:
1 Bolzano
1 Polsilver
1 Kai
2 Lord Platinum