Because of plpenn's excellent idea, many of you have already had a chance to try several different blades blades normally reserved for the purchase of a sampler pack. Because the exchange has already reached epic proportions, Paul (plpenn) has accepted my offer to tag-team this project in an effort to allow him some free time to peruse other threads (geez y'all are high maintenance). But seriously, this awesome project he started has expanded and as such so has the process.
Here are the details:
1) browse the latest stock list and pick some blades you would like to try (in pairs)
2) post in this thread ONLY what you would like to try and what you are wanting to trade for your selections (also in pairs)
3) I will PM you once I check stock and/or blades that are already spoken for (first come, first served) and send you the blade bank address (aka Paul's address)
4) I will coordinate with Paul about what he should be expecting
5) Send Paul your blades AND a self-addressed stamped envelope (with enough post postage for return). PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR B&B NICKNAME so we can keep track of the trade
6) Stock list will be updated and published in this thread when deposits/withdrawals are physically received by Paul.
7) Your withdrawals will be sent out on Fridays
The not-so-fine print:
* donations to the bank are always accepted
* there will be a max stock limit of 20 for each blade
* let's keep it fair guys and gals. No "I'll send you 20 Derbys for 20 Feathers" or "I'll send you 10 Lords for a sampler pack" types of trades. The point of this is to allow anyone the opportunity to try a few of a wide variety of blades
* SE and DE blades will be accepted
* blades MUST be in the original wrapping AT THE VERY LEAST (ie...paper or wax wrapper, unless they come in a dispenser)
* open dialogue about blade trials are encouraged in this thread
* have fun!