In exchange for:
2 Feather (Yellows)
2 Bic Yellows
2 Gillette 7 O'Clock (Green)
2 Treet Classic
2 Lord Super Stainless (White)
2 Astra Super Platinum
2 Sputnik Teflon
After seeing a response to mine (Thank you BlackBard), I hope I didn't screw this up for everyone else.
Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
Well, I can certainly see why you guys (Paul and Justin) might want to call it quits. Maybe, in the not-to-distant future, people will be a little more sensible and will actually read the first few posts to a thread before jumping in. Maybe they will be less demanding and more cooperative with those who volunteer to help them.

I am very glad you helped me find my blade through your great work. If you do decide to continue, maybe you could just create some stock replies for those who do not seem to have a clue. Something like, "Your request is denied. Please read posts one and two." So what if you tick off a few people. They should not be allowed to spoil it for the rest of us.

Good luck. Your work has been greatly appreciated.

David

Well, I can certainly see why you guys (Paul and Justin) might want to call it quits. Maybe, in the not-to-distant future, people will be a little more sensible and will actually read the first few posts to a thread before jumping in. Maybe they will be less demanding and more cooperative with those who volunteer to help them.

I am very glad you helped me find my blade through your great work. If you do decide to continue, maybe you could just create some stock replies for those who do not seem to have a clue. Something like, "Your request is denied. Please read posts one and two." So what if you tick off a few people. They should not be allowed to spoil it for the rest of us.

Good luck. Your work has been greatly appreciated.

David

Thanks David! I am glad you were able to settle in on a blade, that was the whole intention of starting this.

I have been super busy these last few months and I am going to talk it over with Justin but I think I may be out. I really don't even have much time to lurk around the sight anymore :(

Justin and Paul -
I know this was a lot of work for you, I wholeheartedly thank you guys for your effort. Thanks to this thread(and you two), I was able to get my absolute favorite blade; Polsilver. 9 out of 10 times I reach for Polsilver and get a great shave out of them.

Thank you !!!

Gents,

Thanks for the great blade PIF. 3 types of Lords, Dorco, SuperMax, 7 O'Clock Green, and some Gillette Super Thins. Good stuff.

Maybe we can find a new victim/ volunteer to manage this thread. Seems like something that can be handed off if Paul's work is commanding his time. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind posts and PM's guys. Justin and I have talked about it and the The Great Blade Exchange is going to take a short pause.

We are not going to give up but work, school, moving, family and sanity require us to take a deep breath. Neither one of us is ready to call it quits yet but we would like to see if we could improve the quality of interactions and streamline the process (aka - we need a break from some of the bs)

So like Willy Wonka we are closing the doors for a little while and will be back in December with a great PIF to kick things off. If at that time not much has changed or there is not much interest we will have to decide what to do from there.

Until then, we want to send out a HUGE thank you to the majority of TGBE participants for being awesome! If you would like to donate contact me or Justin and we will steer you in the right direction. The PIF in December should be a GREAT one!

So stay tuned.....

Can we change the first post to say something along the lines of what plpenn just said, so that no one thinks this is still open/gets their hopes up?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom