What's new

4 Razor Holder - Lowe's

I have three. Two of the Bronze style and one of the glass ones shown. It holds all my Barber Pole handled razors.

They don't hold Old Types very well. The two bullet prongs tend to slip to one side or the other and it's not quite wide enough to hold them even. If that makes sense.

I also have a couple pipe racks. They can usually be found for very reasonable prices at antique stores- sometimes with pipes!! I like the ones that have a glass jar in them for blades or soap storage. I like the fact that pipe racks are wooden and I worry less about damaging the finish on my razor when it's only in contact with wood.

The toothbrush holders are very contemporary and functional. Like the picture posted earlier, there is other junk to get a matching set from Lowe's. So if you needed the other accessories they would at least match.

Don't get her started, I also own more shoes than her.:ohmy:

He does, he really does! Here's the thing, I am not really a "stuff" person, I mean I like things but I don't obsess over them. My hubby- love him dearly, not really complaining, just explaining and teasing because it's vital to any good marriage :yesnod:- is he is OBSESSED with shoes and razors..... I know, I know, I'm on here too but I own three razors to his forty. I did help him find many of the razors though so I.....MIGHT......could be an enabler! There I said it! :blushing:

I have three. Two of the Bronze style and one of the glass ones shown. It holds all my Barber Pole handled razors.

They don't hold Old Types very well. The two bullet prongs tend to slip to one side or the other and it's not quite wide enough to hold them even. If that makes sense.

I also have a couple pipe racks. They can usually be found for very reasonable prices at antique stores- sometimes with pipes!! I like the ones that have a glass jar in them for blades or soap storage. I like the fact that pipe racks are wooden and I worry less about damaging the finish on my razor when it's only in contact with wood.

The toothbrush holders are very contemporary and functional. Like the picture posted earlier, there is other junk to get a matching set from Lowe's. So if you needed the other accessories they would at least match.

Yes your right about the old type with the bullet prongs on the old type razors they tend to slide to on side, but i thought maybe if we did half circles at the side of the hole of where we would place the old type razor, it would stay put? just an idea.

Here is my set up on my Racks, ill take pictures later on.

Rack 1

Feather AS D-1
Slim
Fat Boy
British No. 58

Rack 2

Muhle R41
Edwin Jagger 89L
Mergress XL
Future Chrome

This rack sure perked up my Den, Even My Wife Loves it :eek:)

Last edited:
Thank you for posting. Just went by Lowe's and got me one. The guy at the checkout asked me what that was for, a toothbrush? I said that is what most people buy them for but I was going to use them for my safety razors and he asked do they still make those :ohmy:

I had to go to town today so I stopped at lowe's. I bought two racks (all they had) the lotion dispenser, the covered cup thingy and a soap tray. Now I wish I'd bought two soap trays. One for soap, one for alum. The dude at the check out had a thick black stubble. So. I gave him my Hari Krisha pitch and told him of B&B and how he found save 3 bucks a blade by spending a grand on handles! Maybe he will drink the kool-aid. Anyway I think this stuff will do the trick and looks good too. Good heads up. Gotta go check the mail, my new handle from the vendors whose name shall not be spoken is due today.

Ok here are the pics as Promised of my New Shave Rack :001_tt1:

From Right to Left

Rack 1

Muhle R41
Edwin Jagger 89L
Mergress XL
Future Chrome

Rack 2

Feather AS D-1
Slim
Fat Boy
British No. 58

Attachments

• $IMAG0645.jpg
    $IMAG0645.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 233
  • $IMAG0649.jpg
    $IMAG0649.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

From Right to Left

Rack 1

Muhle R41
Edwin Jagger 89L
Mergress XL
Future Chrome

Rack 2

Feather AS D-1
Slim
Fat Boy
British No. 58

Nice photos!! DARN IT! I thought my rad was being cured by vintage razors....but you had to post pics!!! I now have a total jones going for the Mergress!!!! Never seen one.....OMG what a gorgeous razor!

Nice photos!! DARN IT! I thought my rad was being cured by vintage razors....but you had to post pics!!! I now have a total jones going for the Mergress!!!! Never seen one.....OMG what a gorgeous razor!

Yes it is one sexy razor and solid at that. Cant go wrong with a Mergress XL , go for it :eek:)

From Right to Left

Rack 1

Muhle R41
Edwin Jagger 89L
Mergress XL
Future Chrome

Rack 2

Feather AS D-1
Slim
Fat Boy
British No. 58

Awesome! My feather comes in tomorrow and I was wondering if it would fit. Your first rack will look similar to mine Slim, Fatboy, Grandpa's Slim, Feather.

Also, do you like proraso?

Awesome! My feather comes in tomorrow and I was wondering if it would fit. Your first rack will look similar to mine Slim, Fatboy, Grandpa's Slim, Feather.

Also, do you like proraso?

Yes i love my proraso, the Pre/Post shave balm is my favorite that stuff is awesome. Enjoy your new rack, they really boost up you shaving den :eek:)

Great idea...thank you! You saved me a boat load of $$$. I purchased the soap dish for use as a blade holder. Now if I could have found a matching brush holder...

Oh yeah...it's also barely tall enough to accommodate my EJ Bulbous.

proxy.php

Thanks for the post Soph! I picked one up last night. I didn't go with the twisted glass, I got the oil rubbed version like BrookR1. The oil rubbed version has it's holes spaced tighter than the glass one, but it still works ok.

Top Bottom