What's new

Bakelite Gillette Box

What do you suppose this box would be used for? Blade storage? Cuff links?

It doesn't look like their typical Bakelite razor case, and with the given dimensions of 6-1/2" W x 3" D x 1-1/2" H, it also seems to be too big for a razor case.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I picked one up at an antique mall several months ago. My money's on a blade multi-pack gift box, but I'm not 100% sure.

So I know this is a old thread but I believe I have a paper trail for this box. It looks like Porters assumption was correct about the box being part of a gift pack. The add is hard to read from the blurry photos I had access to, but it looks as though it would hold 20 packs of blades (or what I thought I counted) and something in the back. The piece in the back looks like a sales flyer or something.

Here is mine with 18 of the same blade cartons and 2 different at the end. The case even has the same notch in the back. I think We have a match?!

$DSC01001.jpg$DSC01002.jpg$DSC01003.jpg$gillette 2.jpg$gillette xmas.jpg

This is great, EW! Thanks for sharing.

Could the space be for one of those small tubes of shave cream that came in some sets?

I would guess that the extra space was so that it could serve as a cigarette box (which is what it says there in the ad copy) after the blades had been taken out, and that the piece in back was just a cardboard spacer.

Top Bottom