What's new

Semogue 1305

I have had this brush for probably around 8 months now. Before this I was using an Omega badger hair brush. The 1305, once broken in, has been much softer on my skin, and makes a great lather. But for some reason, almost every time I use it, it will shed 1 or 2 hairs. If I shaved every day, it would probably be completely gone by now. Is it possible I am causing this by doing something wrong with the brush? I store it upside down in a brush holder, rinse it out after every shave. I am wondering if the way I make lather is possibly hard on the brush. I dont just swirl it around in the bowl, I will also push it down into the bowl as well, if that makes sense. Anybody have any ideas?

I also have the Semogue 1305 brush and have not noticed this, yet. Before using the brush do you soak it in piping hot water? I had bristles falling out in my lower end Omega Boar Brush and it was due to placing the brush in boiling hot water during my shower. I re-purchased the Omega Brush and now use warm water, and have not had bristles falling out. If this is not the case try contacting your vendor and see what they say.

I have had this brush for probably around 8 months now. Before this I was using an Omega badger hair brush. The 1305, once broken in, has been much softer on my skin, and makes a great lather. But for some reason, almost every time I use it, it will shed 1 or 2 hairs. If I shaved every day, it would probably be completely gone by now. Is it possible I am causing this by doing something wrong with the brush? I store it upside down in a brush holder, rinse it out after every shave. I am wondering if the way I make lather is possibly hard on the brush. I dont just swirl it around in the bowl, I will also push it down into the bowl as well, if that makes sense. Anybody have any ideas?

It might just need a clean. I have a Semogue 2000 that was breaking bristles after about 8-10 months of daily use. I gave it a good clean and it seems to have subsided.

I soak the brush in warm water, so the temperature of the water shouldnt be affecting it at all. I also dont know that it needs a cleaning, because its been losing hairs since I first got it. I sent an email to the vendor with the same question I posted here, so we will see what they say. I wouldnt expect them to replace it seeing as I have had it for so long, just looking for some guidance to make sure I am not mis-using the brush.

Top Bottom