What's new

Some new Handles!

Here are a few handles that I have been occupying my free time with, thought you guys might enjoy.
$turn.jpg
$turn2.jpg

All I'm saying is wow! Every time you turn around someone on this forum is turning out some beautiful stuff. I love all the skills I see on B&B. Everyone of those handles looks great. What size knots are you fitting them with? I wish I had that much talent.

That yellow one is awesome. Very nice work. You should sell some of them you make to fund your hobby. They would be gone in a flash.

I plan on selling them as handles only once I have a few more made, but I don't know if it is better to set the hole diameter and depth or let the purchaser decide what they want. Personally I would like to have the choice available but I realize for some that may leave too many options available making knot selection difficult. Any opinions on this?

I would set the knot diameter and and sell them as handles only so the buyer could choose their own knot.

Here is one more, I like how this one turned out, It has a recessed hole opening so there is a bit of cradling on the knot. I think once this has a knot in it it will be fantastic!

$recess2.jpg
$recess1.jpg
$recess3.jpg

Anyone know if there is more variety with 22mm or 24mm diameter knots? If I go ahead and bore them out how deep should I go? The loft is what characterizes the brush and I would hate to short change someone because of the depth.

Thank you, Some of these blanks have a mind of their own they seem to choose their own shape no matter what I want them be. This should be pretty evident with the wide variety of handle types produced.

looks like the new lathe is "turning"out quite nicely;]i like the looke of the flared ones,they look similar to the e-r handles i got from you to restore.

Wow! I love them make a deep purple one and I'll buy it. Good job. It helps to have the proper tools.
RatMan

Top Bottom