What's new

What's in your pocket today?

A "Streamline", an oversized flat-top, probably from the 1930s. It's got a replacement nib...a "Flexible", which is actually pretty stiff. So I've got a Streamline pen that is not streamlined, and a Flexible nib that doesn't flex! :001_tongu It's filled with Diamine Asa Blue ink.

$IMG_1144.JPG

I keep getting drawn back to this pen because it's so attractive and fun to write with. It's really too big for my pocket, but it looks great sitting on my desk.

I have the Estie and the Ahab in the ol' shirt pocket today.

Funny story (to me, anyway)... Paid the bill for daycare today, and signed the receipt with the Estie (loaded with Diamine Quartz Black). I blew on the signature a bit and warned the office worker, when handing the receipt back, that it might still be wet. Of course she put her thumb RIGHT ON my signature. As I was walking out the door, I got a good chuckle when I looked back and saw her looking at her thumb curiously.

For me, today has a Pilot VP.

Re: the daycare worker -- it astounds me how many people simply do not listen, or if they listen they do not comprehend and/or accept that what you are telling me might in fact be true.

Pilot 78G, fine nib, Pilot black cartridge.

Certainly is a great pen, might have to add a couple more to my collection.

My noodlers badger and blade 5o'clock shadow came in today.. Inked up my pelikan 120 with it....very wet ink. After I run through this pen, ill ink up a flex to see the color variation.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I got the clip of my 51 Vac bent and it is now a secure pocket pen, so it is flying solo today. My M200 pouted a bit as I closed the drawer, complaining about being left with the likes of a Lamy Vista and Al-Star, but it will get over it. It is going to have to get used to being in a rotation :biggrin:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member

Esterbrook transitional J model with a broad nib and Sailor ink, Pelikan 140 medium nib with some old Montblanc iron gall, Rhodia pads

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom