What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Paying bills today, so I'm using a Franklin-Christoph 03 with a Medium Stub Nib (Masuyama grind), loaded with Rohrer & Klingner Salix.

Last post to this thread was a year and a day ago! I still carry pretty much the same with some additions. My custom pens including the two fountains I've shared before as well as a roller and a generic 7mm kit pen with a stylus added. I've also added some older commercial pens to the pouch, and I've been playing with nibs in the Statesman.

The search for a nib has been interesting, but that's a post for a different thread, I suspect.

The additions to the pouch are:

Wearever lever-fill that worked, with the addition of some Waterman Royal Blue ink, right out of the eBay package. It's a little light for my hand, but the 14k nib is very smooth and pretty fine. It's also got "Kenny" inscribed on the clip and, if I keep it, I'd like to figure out a way to get rid of the letters... (unless Kenny is actually the brand; which is how it was sold...)

View attachment 560349

Scheaffer "No-Nonsense" with a fine italic nib. I'm left handed. It works but I'm seriously considering grinding a bevel onto the thing. (I've got a couple of spare nibs.) I need to muck around with it some more before I do anything permanent. I put a converter and am running J. Herbin Terre de Feu in it right now.

View attachment 560352

Scheaffer ??? This has become my favorite pen. It's a smaller Scheaffer, with a short clip ala the Imperial but it doesn't have the snorkel, and it's got a stainless steel nib. Although clearly not a high end pen, it writes very nicely. A converter won't fit so I refilled a cartridge with some Parker Super Chrome Turquoise ink. (And man, that stuff *is* permanant!)

View attachment 560354

These two photos are from last year. On the left is my largest carry pen. It's a "Statesman" style, with Rhodium and Black Titanium plating, wrapped in spalted pecan, and gets a lot of attention when I use it! It's currently got a Goulet medium nib, although I'm searching for a "better" one. (There's nothing wrong with the Goulet, mind you.) This is filled with the Waterman's Royal Blue ink.

The one on the right is a "Jr Gentleman" style with gunmetal plate, and wrapped in Ambrosia Maple. It has a fine (generic) nib and is filled with Waterman's Black ink.

View attachment 560333View attachment 560334

Cheers,
Jerry

Today, it's a Pilot Vanishing Point, fine nib, refilled cartridge with Sailor Jentle Doyou. And an Esterbrook Dollar Pen, 2668 nib, Pilot Blue Black. It's a demi size, but posted, that's quite long enough.

The links to your pictures are not working... :001_huh:

Last post to this thread was a year and a day ago! I still carry pretty much the same with some additions. My custom pens including the two fountains I've shared before as well as a roller and a generic 7mm kit pen with a stylus added. I've also added some older commercial pens to the pouch, and I've been playing with nibs in the Statesman.

The search for a nib has been interesting, but that's a post for a different thread, I suspect.

The additions to the pouch are:

Wearever lever-fill that worked, with the addition of some Waterman Royal Blue ink, right out of the eBay package. It's a little light for my hand, but the 14k nib is very smooth and pretty fine. It's also got "Kenny" inscribed on the clip and, if I keep it, I'd like to figure out a way to get rid of the letters... (unless Kenny is actually the brand; which is how it was sold...)

View attachment 560349

Scheaffer "No-Nonsense" with a fine italic nib. I'm left handed. It works but I'm seriously considering grinding a bevel onto the thing. (I've got a couple of spare nibs.) I need to muck around with it some more before I do anything permanent. I put a converter and am running J. Herbin Terre de Feu in it right now.

View attachment 560352

Scheaffer ??? This has become my favorite pen. It's a smaller Scheaffer, with a short clip ala the Imperial but it doesn't have the snorkel, and it's got a stainless steel nib. Although clearly not a high end pen, it writes very nicely. A converter won't fit so I refilled a cartridge with some Parker Super Chrome Turquoise ink. (And man, that stuff *is* permanant!)

View attachment 560354

These two photos are from last year. On the left is my largest carry pen. It's a "Statesman" style, with Rhodium and Black Titanium plating, wrapped in spalted pecan, and gets a lot of attention when I use it! It's currently got a Goulet medium nib, although I'm searching for a "better" one. (There's nothing wrong with the Goulet, mind you.) This is filled with the Waterman's Royal Blue ink.

The one on the right is a "Jr Gentleman" style with gunmetal plate, and wrapped in Ambrosia Maple. It has a fine (generic) nib and is filled with Waterman's Black ink.

View attachment 560333View attachment 560334

Cheers,
Jerry

$010215.jpg

Vintage Sheaffer Balance "Defender" (black & silver striated, military clip), Fine nib (moderately flexible), loaded with Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun ("Old Man Winter"). I didn't think I would like a grey ink, but after my wife accidentally ordered this bottle, we decided to keep it.

$IMG_2318.jpg
proxy.php

Last edited:
Did you know already that there were also Danish made Parker vacumatics?
You don't say? ;-)
$Parker Popular 1.jpg
$Parker Popular 2.jpg

I managed to snag a Parker Popular from a local seller

I put in a new sac but I still need to give the nib a tweak for it to play nice

If I remember correctly, the people making the DK Parkers switched over and created the Penol brand

That's another pen on my to get list :)

Top Bottom