What's new

What's in your pocket today?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Blue Parker Vac.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love that Pelikan Doug! I have a Lamy 2K in my messenger bag and was making a few diary notes with it on the way home from town this afternoon.

That Eversharp has an interesting taper to it. I might be remembering this wrong, but I think I read about a particular model of the Sheaffer Balance that was tapered to be used to dial rotary phones. Is that true and if so, was that Eversharp designed for the same purpose?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
No, the taper is just a part of the look modernist industrial designer Henry Dreyfuss was after. Phone dialers were popular but usually had a hard rubber piece attached to protect the celluloid.

No, the taper is just a part of the look modernist industrial designer Henry Dreyfuss was after. Phone dialers were popular but usually had a hard rubber piece attached to protect the celluloid.

Again I bow to your knowledge! Thanks for the info.

To keep this on topic, I'll be carrying my somewhat uninspired but ever-reliable TWSBI 540 today.

I carried a black Kaweco Sport filled with Visconti Turquoise to work today. This evening I filled my new Pelikan M215 Lozenge with Parker Quink blue-black. I've wanted one of those for years, and I'm sorry I waited so long to purchase one. The medium nib is a bit finer than, say, a Waterman medium, and it has some flex. It's a smooth writer with just a touch of tooth. It's not buttery smooth, and I like that. I'm as happy with the m215 as I am with my Pilot Vanishing Point and Sailor Sapporo. As an aside, the Kaweco Sport writes as nice as those pricier pens listed above, so if you don't have one of those, they're well worth the asking price.

-Andy

I'm in the shop today, so I've got my Kaweco Sport loaded with Noodler's Black. For me, the Kaweco is the perfect pocket pen. It's unlikely to come uncapped, the cap design makes it almost unbreakable, and it's short enough to go in my pants pocket if need be.

Let's see, I had a bunch, I had a Mystery pen, black with some fake leather trim. I also had my Pilot 78g and my new Sheaffer VFM.

Top Bottom