What's new

What's in your pocket today?

MB149 is about out of ink and ready to go home. It's got such a big ink capacity that the nib spit up a touch around the breather hole from air expansion.

proxy.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm a bit of a fountain pen nut so bear with me! My currently inked selection:

Visconti Michelangelo (black and rose gold, medium nib, Diamine Bilberry)
Visconti Van Gogh Maxi (Starry Night, custom italic nib, Diamine Syrah)
Visconti Art Nouveau (black with sterling silver spider and web overlay, custom italic nib, Diamine Red Dragon)
Waterman Edson (sapphire and gold, broad nib, Visconti Black)
Waterman Phileas (marbled green, medium nib, Private Reserve Midnight Blues)
Lamy 2000 (black and stainless steel, fine nib, Private Reserve Black Magic Blue)
Lamy Vista (clear demonstrator, 1.1mm italic nib, Private Reserve Black Magic Blue)
Namiki Vanishing Point (early black faceted barrel, extra fine nib, Private Reserve Burgundy Mist)
Parker 51 (1948 cordovan brown, fine nib, Noodler's Lexington Gray)
Parker 75 (1966 sterling silver cisele, fine nib, Diamine Green-Black)

I also have my Rotring 600 rollerball with Pilot G-2 gel cartridge and a couple of Pilot Varsities in my briefcase.

Today, I sported a Levenger TrueWriter Metalist in Sapphire with Noodler's Henry Hudson Blue (FPH exclusive). I had a couple other pens I didn't end up using at all, so I actually forget what they were.

What is the Pilot Petit like? I just heard about it for the first time last night and it looks interesting!
The kid loves 'em for school but a couple of caveats. They take a proprietary cartridge, by that I mean specific to that pen. Regular carts and converters even by Pilot are too long. Also it is very short unposted so if you don't like to post your pens it is difficult to use. She likes to post her pens and prefers carts for school so she doesn't have to bother checking ink levels at 5:30 am before school so they are an affordable cute pen that works for her.

Was the word "cute" supposed to turn me off from the pen? :lol: Not so much worried about the cart, can always refill with a syringe. I'm intrigued by the small size for pocket appeal and its cheap so I wouldn't mind if I lose/break it.

What is the Pilot Petit like? I just heard about it for the first time last night and it looks interesting!

If you've tried a Pilot Varsity, I'd say the nib and feed on the Petit 1 are similar, but with a finer nib. It writes very reliably, starts right up for me and doesn't skip at all, but I don't find it comfortable in the hand for writing at long stretches. I use it mostly at work for jotting quick notes. My hands are perhaps average sized; it would probably be too small for someone with big hands.

There is no converter for it that I know of, and mine didn't even come with a sample cartridge; I had to order a three pack of cartridges. Even so, the combined price was only a little over $5. The cartridges are easy to refill, wide enough at the open end that you can use an eyedropper if you don't have a syringe. That's Noodler's Kiowa Pecan in it now.

It's the kind of thing that's interesting to have, and so cheap that if you're ordering something else, it's tempting to throw in one of these.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The kid loves 'em for school but a couple of caveats. They take a proprietary cartridge, by that I mean specific to that pen. Regular carts and converters even by Pilot are too long. Also it is very short unposted so if you don't like to post your pens it is difficult to use. She likes to post her pens and prefers carts for school so she doesn't have to bother checking ink levels at 5:30 am before school so they are an affordable cute pen that works for her.
Can't you eye dropper it?

I would think so. While the section and barrel come together well and stay that way the threads are a little broad for an ideal candidate. I think it could be done with generous application of grease, If it was opaque I would use a wrap of Teflon tape first then grease but that would look like garbage on a the clear pens. If I did it it would spend some time at home to make sure there were no leaks. I would either refill the carts or convert a cart to a bulb filler if I wanted to use bottled Ink but I'm not really a fan of eyedropper pens.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pelikan M200 and a Pelikan 140 with a scarce oblique fine nib running vintage Montblanc blue-black (iron-gall ink).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I would think so. While the section and barrel come together well and stay that way the threads are a little broad for an ideal candidate. I think it could be done with generous application of grease, If it was opaque I would use a wrap of Teflon tape first then grease but that would look like garbage on a the clear pens. If I did it it would spend some time at home to make sure there were no leaks. I would either refill the carts or convert a cart to a bulb filler if I wanted to use bottled Ink but I'm not really a fan of eyedropper pens.
I wouldn't risk Teflon tape on plastic threads

Today's pen is a Pilot/Namiki Fermo Vanishing Point with medium nib inked up with Noodlers for Art Brown Manhattan Blue which is fast rising my top ten ink list.

Esterbrook J with Lamy Blue, and a Junior K with Kaweco Blue-Black cartridge. I'm trying to use up the ink in some of my less favored (but still good) pens like the Junior K in order to get down to a smaller rotation.

Top Bottom