Page 28 of 173 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your pocket today?

Very nice, Dave! Looks good on the dot pad too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave258 View Post

and a Lamy Safari fine nib with 5 o'clock shadow.
    Life is too short to eat deep dish pizza and write with a ballpoint pen...
    -Ed- Proud Steward of the Brown Leaf
    One of The Three Stooges
    Love B&B? Please support it!
    B&B Forum Rules | Getting Started | Tutorials | Forum Etiquette | What is a PIF?
    Acronyms | FAQ

I'm a bit of a fountain pen nut so bear with me! My currently inked selection:

Visconti Michelangelo (black and rose gold, medium nib, Diamine Bilberry)
    Visconti Van Gogh Maxi (Starry Night, custom italic nib, Diamine Syrah)
    Visconti Art Nouveau (black with sterling silver spider and web overlay, custom italic nib, Diamine Red Dragon)
    Waterman Edson (sapphire and gold, broad nib, Visconti Black)
    Waterman Phileas (marbled green, medium nib, Private Reserve Midnight Blues)
    Lamy 2000 (black and stainless steel, fine nib, Private Reserve Black Magic Blue)
    Lamy Vista (clear demonstrator, 1.1mm italic nib, Private Reserve Black Magic Blue)
    Namiki Vanishing Point (early black faceted barrel, extra fine nib, Private Reserve Burgundy Mist)
    Parker 51 (1948 cordovan brown, fine nib, Noodler's Lexington Gray)
    Parker 75 (1966 sterling silver cisele, fine nib, Diamine Green-Black)

I also have my Rotring 600 rollerball with Pilot G-2 gel cartridge and a couple of Pilot Varsities in my briefcase.
    If you light yourself on fire, the world will pay to watch you burn...

Pottsylvania, near Whynchatakea Peak and Joisee
    Images

FLJeepguy... Welcome to B&B
    Brian
    Let's leave Politics at the door ... and out of B&B !!!!!!

Member of the B&B 2011 Rudy Vey LE Brush Buy (#3)
    Member of the B&B 2012 Rudy Vey LE Brush Buy (#3)
    Member of the B&B LE 2011 Edison Glenmont Pen Buy (#1)
    Member of the B&B LE 2012 Edison Herald Grande Pen Buy (#1)
    Member of the B&B ? buy

B&B Old Fogies Club.

I licked the tires.

Images

The iPhone camera seems to take clearer pictures when I clean the lens.
    "It is important that man dreams, but it is perhaps equally important that he can laugh at his own dreams." - Lin Yutang - The Importance Of Living

Images

Pelikan M215 Lozenge.

-Andy
    New to Fountain Pens? Check out the B&B Nib Wiki for loads of great information!

Steward for The Nib.

"From the crescent city to the Great Salt Lake; It ain't what you got, it's what you make." - Shovels and Rope

Images

Quote Originally Posted by andrew98 View Post
    Pelikan M215 Lozenge.

-Andy
    Oddly enough, I have a Pelikan 215 with M nib as well ... but the blue one, with Noodler's black. I also have a Preppy eyedroppered with Kung Te-cheng.
    Be there or be square. Only I can do both!

"My lord, I will use them according to their desert."

"God's bodykins, man, much better: use every man
    after his desert, and who should 'scape whipping?"

Veteran of the Great Irisch Moos Campaign of 2008-09

Today, I sported a Levenger TrueWriter Metalist in Sapphire with Noodler's Henry Hudson Blue (FPH exclusive). I had a couple other pens I didn't end up using at all, so I actually forget what they were.

What is the Pilot Petit like? I just heard about it for the first time last night and it looks interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Slivovitz View Post

The iPhone camera seems to take clearer pictures when I clean the lens.
    One of The Three Stooges
    B&B Forum Rules | Getting Started | Tutorials | Forum Etiquette | What is a PIF?
    Acronyms | FAQ

Images

Quote Originally Posted by the_edski View Post
    What is the Pilot Petit like? I just heard about it for the first time last night and it looks interesting!
    The kid loves 'em for school but a couple of caveats. They take a proprietary cartridge, by that I mean specific to that pen. Regular carts and converters even by Pilot are too long. Also it is very short unposted so if you don't like to post your pens it is difficult to use. She likes to post her pens and prefers carts for school so she doesn't have to bother checking ink levels at 5:30 am before school so they are an affordable cute pen that works for her.
    James

Bearing the burden of responsibility..... It's probably my fault.

Treat your silver as if it were earthenware and your earthenware as if it were silver - Seneca, Letters of a Stoic

Was the word "cute" supposed to turn me off from the pen? Not so much worried about the cart, can always refill with a syringe. I'm intrigued by the small size for pocket appeal and its cheap so I wouldn't mind if I lose/break it.
    One of The Three Stooges
    Acronyms | FAQ

Images

Quote Originally Posted by the_edski View Post
    If you've tried a Pilot Varsity, I'd say the nib and feed on the Petit 1 are similar, but with a finer nib. It writes very reliably, starts right up for me and doesn't skip at all, but I don't find it comfortable in the hand for writing at long stretches. I use it mostly at work for jotting quick notes. My hands are perhaps average sized; it would probably be too small for someone with big hands.

There is no converter for it that I know of, and mine didn't even come with a sample cartridge; I had to order a three pack of cartridges. Even so, the combined price was only a little over $5. The cartridges are easy to refill, wide enough at the open end that you can use an eyedropper if you don't have a syringe. That's Noodler's Kiowa Pecan in it now.

It's the kind of thing that's interesting to have, and so cheap that if you're ordering something else, it's tempting to throw in one of these.
    "It is important that man dreams, but it is perhaps equally important that he can laugh at his own dreams." - Lin Yutang - The Importance Of Living

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite View Post
    The kid loves 'em for school but a couple of caveats. They take a proprietary cartridge, by that I mean specific to that pen. Regular carts and converters even by Pilot are too long. Also it is very short unposted so if you don't like to post your pens it is difficult to use. She likes to post her pens and prefers carts for school so she doesn't have to bother checking ink levels at 5:30 am before school so they are an affordable cute pen that works for her.
    Can't you eye dropper it?

Images

I would think so. While the section and barrel come together well and stay that way the threads are a little broad for an ideal candidate. I think it could be done with generous application of grease, If it was opaque I would use a wrap of Teflon tape first then grease but that would look like garbage on a the clear pens. If I did it it would spend some time at home to make sure there were no leaks. I would either refill the carts or convert a cart to a bulb filler if I wanted to use bottled Ink but I'm not really a fan of eyedropper pens.
    James

Bearing the burden of responsibility..... It's probably my fault.

Treat your silver as if it were earthenware and your earthenware as if it were silver - Seneca, Letters of a Stoic

Images

Pelikan M200 and a Pelikan 140 with a scarce oblique fine nib running vintage Montblanc blue-black (iron-gall ink).
    --Doug

Visit B&B's pen forum, The Nib

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite View Post
    I would think so. While the section and barrel come together well and stay that way the threads are a little broad for an ideal candidate. I think it could be done with generous application of grease, If it was opaque I would use a wrap of Teflon tape first then grease but that would look like garbage on a the clear pens. If I did it it would spend some time at home to make sure there were no leaks. I would either refill the carts or convert a cart to a bulb filler if I wanted to use bottled Ink but I'm not really a fan of eyedropper pens.
    I wouldn't risk Teflon tape on plastic threads

Images

Too busy to do anything but refill my Duke Crane with ESSRI.
    Daniel

"Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it."
    -Soren Kierkegaard

Certified B&B Old Fogie

Steward of Shaving Creams

Today's pen is a Pilot/Namiki Fermo Vanishing Point with medium nib inked up with Noodlers for Art Brown Manhattan Blue which is fast rising my top ten ink list.

Images

Esterbrook J with Lamy Blue, and a Junior K with Kaweco Blue-Black cartridge. I'm trying to use up the ink in some of my less favored (but still good) pens like the Junior K in order to get down to a smaller rotation.

Images

Saturday at the office with a Regal 98 freshly filled with R&K Alt Goldgrun.
    Daniel

"Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it."
    -Soren Kierkegaard

Certified B&B Old Fogie

Steward of Shaving Creams

Today's pen is a Pilot Custom 76 blue demonstrator with a Japanese fine nib inked up with Diamine Majestic Blue.