What's new

What's in your pocket today?

More pens than I really need in one pocket.

Parker Super 21 with Lamy Blue, Parker 41 with De Atramentis Aubergine, Esterbrook SJ with Noodler's Kiowa Pecan.

proxy.php

DC Pen show purchase. 1939 vacumatic shadow wave with a speedline filler. Crisp italic from Pendelton

$IMG-20120812-00041.jpg
Sorry for the pic... on the train back to Joisee

Very nice pen Brian! Question, what is the difference in the "speedline" filler? Does it still have the ink sac inside?

I guess technically no "sac" since Vacs use a diaphragm to fill the body of the pen. The speedline is the metal pushy thing instead of the plastic. It's my favorite. That's pretty much the only Vacs I'm looking for these days: double-jeweled, speedline filler.

Lamy Al-Star Blue, 1.1 stub nib, filled with Noodler's Baystate Blue.

SWMBO is packing a purple Lamy Al-Star, fine nib, filled with Noodler's Cactus Fruit. I think i've converted her.

I guess technically no "sac" since Vacs use a diaphragm to fill the body of the pen. The speedline is the metal pushy thing instead of the plastic. It's my favorite. That's pretty much the only Vacs I'm looking for these days: double-jeweled, speedline filler.

OK, from what I was reading, it didn't even sound like they had a diaphragm. Maybe it was about a different pen. I need to get my hands on one of those!

Pelikan Souveran M805 with a Pendleton Point filled with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz.
Or as my wife refers to it my "fancy pen." Don't know why she only picks on that one???????

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pelikan Souveran M805 with a Pendleton Point filled with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz.
Or as my wife refers to it my "fancy pen." Don't know why she only picks on that one???????

Perhaps she caught a glimpse of the fancy price tag. :huh:

Top Bottom