What's new

What's in your pocket today?

TWSBI Diamond 540 ROC 100 broad with Pendemonium exclusive Noodler's The Violet Vote
TWSBI Vac 700 broad with Private Reserve Midnight Blues
and for the third day in a row Bexley Corona with Diamine Denim

Last edited:
What's in my pocket today...................$2.48 in cold hard cash, a Ruger LCP, identification, Retired Detective's Badge, house and auto keys, and a Mont Blanc ball point.

It's going to be this big, fat 149 all week at home, and a VP when out. Check out the size of this nib!

$mb149 (2).jpg$mb149 (3).JPG

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Vlad, those are sweet. What is the nib on the Pelikan (800?) ?

Today I have the Pelican M405, w/ Herbrin Saphir

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I took the day off Friday, so this is day 3 with the Bumblebee Ahab (it sat for 3 days). It is writing well. I think I will be scoring the feed on the Arizona tonight, and I am close to declaring victory in my "war" with the Ahabs.

A Sheaffer White Dot ballpoint....I've had for about 15 years and a PhD ballpoint (love the fat grip) I've had for about 10 years. Both are workhorses, durable and reliable.

Bexley Corona broad with Diamine Denim (I think I ran it out of ink, so I'll bring it home soon and flush)
TWSBI Vac 700 broad with Private Reserve Midnight Blues
Noodler's Ahab with Knox OBB nib and again Diamine Denim

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I was on the course for the Amgen Tour of California today, any notes were taken with a Sheaffer Admiral. (Looks like a Craftsman)

I'm retired now. While working I did a lot of writing. I found most ballpoint pens hard on my hand...might of been because of my awkward grip. So...about 35 years ago I decided to give fountain pens a twirl.

I found a good metal bodied, gold nib fountain pen...made a huge difference to my hand comfort. The ink literally flowed effortlessly out of the pen...no hand strain as with some of the cheap and nasty discount ballpoint pens I had been using.

Mostly I've used the workhorse...the white dot, gold nib Sheaffer fountain pen. I've had about four..three black bodied, one gold bodied. Two were lost. Of those two lost, one...the gold bodied...was stolen out of my desk , in my office. Still bugs me. I have a pretty good idea of the thief, although could never prove anything.

The other two I still have and as I'm retired and living a life of leisure these days, have retired these two fine old soldiers.

My advice. Try the Sheaffer White Dot, gold nib fountain pen. Don't let anyone else..'try' it out. I was taught that a good gold nib 'adapts' and wears to the writing style of it's owner-user. BTW, I would always carry a spare ball point in case somebody needed a pen . Don't lend out your fine fountain pen. It's a writing instrument.

Top Bottom