What's new

Tim Tebow's Shaving Stuff

I like the guy, seems like a good role model for kids but I have no idea what he uses for shaving. I am sure he had not shaved after the game's press conference yesterday...

Al raz.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Tebow: The media has not cared this much about a white Bronco since OJ Simpson.

oh, damn- SNAP. I still remember that day- it was the day I proposed to my wife. I was trying to take her out to pop the question, but OJ was on TV. My wife was enthralled. Finally her mother (who I told what was going on) got her to leave with me. So, one of the most important days of my life was almost messed up by OJ. At least I can say that one of my important days was memorable :001_smile

I swear if i hear that guys name on the tv or radio one more time.i might just puke my guts up !!!!!!!!
+1, kinda sick the way these jocks are idolized, if people that have done something worthwhile to contribute to society were idolize half as much the world might advance a bit IMO.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
And, because he is faithful and loves the Lord and shows it as a Christian should, he isn't very popular outside of his fan base. He is a guy that has won at everything he has done, including life, sets a remarkable example for kids, and does pretty much nothing but good, all for the glory of someone else.

You mean like verse 5 of this book tells you to do?

http://kingjbible.com/matthew/6.htm

People that over pray are just as bad as those who over celebrate- they are doing it all for show.

on edit: people don't hate Tebow because he is christian- they hate him because he doesn't know how to throw a football. Just like Vince Young and Kordell Stewart- runners that can't get a quarterback job done, yet are over-hyped.

Last edited:
Some people hate on him because he's uberChristian. Most don't, but some do. I can't lie...people that are so passionate about their faith that they mention God every 30 seconds can be annoying (just like anyone who talks about anything incessantly). I had a few friends in college like that and sometimes you just want to say "Dude, take it down a notch." But to Tebow's credit, he conducts himself coolly and distances himself from the press and the hype. He's involved with charities, is well-spoken and polite, and seems like a normal kid and not a jock or meathead. Overall, I'd call him a role-model for young people. Even though I'm not Christian, if I had kids I'd prefer them to look up to Tebow rather than a singer or actor.

With regards to him as an NFL player, I have rarely seen someone so overhyped. The coverage on him in the media is obscenely excessive and his fans are so vocal that, if you don't like him as a plyer, then you MUST be anti-Christian or hate puppies and rainbows. I'd prefer it if they just treated him like any other inconsistent QB whose body of work has yet to come, rather than trying to make excuses for his Jekyll and Hyde play and paint him as something he's not.

Oh, and what does he shave with? Probably an electric or a Gillette Proglide, like most athletes I'd say.

You know, it's a shame when an athlete (and organization) get absolutely overwhelmed with publicity simply for being, get this, a good person. I'm a sick as the next guy of the all-Tebow-all-the-time ESPN, SI, etc coverage, but my backlash is actually starting to go the other direction. The more I learn about the kid, the more I like him, and the more I wish that they would just cool it & let the guy do his work. He isn't asking for any of this, but there are thousands of people that want nothing more than to see him crash and burn just so they can say, "look, see, I told you he sucks!".

Even after the way that he burned my Steelers last weekend, I find it increasingly hard not to like the kid.

/rant

Here here.

Not liking him because he is a good football player and a decent young man... what does that say about YOU?

Here here.

Not liking him because he is a good football player and a decent young man... what does that say about YOU?
Don't be so dramatic. It just means that such people have a flair for schadenfreude. Everyone does, at some point or another. Unless you're Gandhi or Mother Theresa. And in this case, it's about sports; if push came to shove, even the most vocal Tebow hater wouldn't wish misfortunate on him away from football.

Some people hate on him because he's uberChristian. Most don't, but some do. I can't lie...people that are so passionate about their faith that they mention God every 30 seconds can be annoying (just like anyone who talks about anything incessantly). I had a few friends in college like that and sometimes you just want to say "Dude, take it down a notch." But to Tebow's credit, he conducts himself coolly and distances himself from the press and the hype. He's involved with charities, is well-spoken and polite, and seems like a normal kid and not a jock or meathead. Overall, I'd call him a role-model for young people. Even though I'm not Christian, if I had kids I'd prefer them to look up to Tebow rather than a singer or actor.

With regards to him as an NFL player, I have rarely seen someone so overhyped. The coverage on him in the media is obscenely excessive and his fans are so vocal that, if you don't like him as a plyer, then you MUST be anti-Christian or hate puppies and rainbows. I'd prefer it if they just treated him like any other inconsistent QB whose body of work has yet to come, rather than trying to make excuses for his Jekyll and Hyde play and paint him as something he's not.

Oh, and what does he shave with? Probably an electric or a Gillette Proglide, like most athletes I'd say.

+1

+1

As far as Tebow the football player, I can definitely say he is better then JaMarcus Russel. As a hater of the Denver Broncos - past, present and future - I am very happy Tebow has been given so much wonderful, good press. The Broncos front office must realize the problems they will have when trying to move Tebow aside for a QB that isn't a one trick pony.

Tebow as a Bronco Forever!

The Raiders are my second choice team after the Niners. :smile:

Oh yeah, his shaving stuff. I don't know.

-jim

To the original question:

EJ DE87
Simpsons Duke 2
Either Proraso or GFT Limes Cream (easy to use and it works)
Either Floid Blue or Pitralon

I have opinions on the rest but will not voice them here.

schadenfreude

Word of the day, you are a regular Bill O'Reilly. To the dictionary, Batman... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/schadenfreude

scha·den·freu·de

   [shahd-n-froi-duh] Show IPA

nounsatisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Wow, the fact that there is a word for that in German immediately invokes Godwin's Law and the "How could they..." rant, which I will not bother to go into.

Embracing a lesser trait of the human experience, not for me. I'll just have to +1 my original statement.

NSFW

*It appears I crossed a line with that musical number, my apologies.

Germans have a word for everything, that doesn't make them bad people. I know I enjoy a little schadenfreude.

Word of the day, you are a regular Bill O'Reilly. To the dictionary, Batman... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/schadenfreude

scha·den·freu·de

   [shahd-n-froi-duh] Show IPA

nounsatisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Wow, the fact that there is a word for that in German immediately invokes Godwin's Law and the "How could they..." rant, which I will not bother to go into.

Embracing a lesser trait of the human experience, not for me. I'll just have to +1 my original statement.

Last edited:
Imagine that, the show tune set embracing skewed morality. I'll just have to defer to your knowledge of the dark side, and give you a wide berth.

Always an education on the old B&B.

+1, kinda sick the way these jocks are idolized, if people that have done something worthwhile to contribute to society were idolize half as much the world might advance a bit IMO.

Damn....the most important comment in this whole thread got lost in the madness....

I agree. Where is the hero worship for doctors, teachers, first responders, etc.? HE IS JUST A FOOTBALL PLAYER.

And my two cents....everyone who is defending him by saying things like, "He did not ask for any of this". LOL...He asked for all of this. He is just as obnoxious as the players who do stupid dances in the end zone. If he wants to "reflect", there is no reason he has to get down on his knees and point to the sky. He is begging for attention.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
HE IS JUST A FOOTBALL PLAYER.

+1. If you want to see a hero, visit your local fire department. Those guys run into what other people run out of, all to save lives. They live quiet lives and don't expect accolades- they just do what they do (save lives)

Top Bottom