What's new

Ever-Ready Resto.

I need to take it easy with the epoxy! But i can tell you this. It aint coming out.
$DSC01613.jpg

Sweet I have the same one as the bottom one. Looks good, is that a TGN Finest? I was going to put a silvertip grade A in mine.

Keep some white vinegar handy and some Q-tips the next time you install a knot. You can use the vinegar to clean up the excess epoxy. As you hold the knot in the handle, dip the Q-tip into your vinegar and apply it to the oozing epoxy

The vinegar needs to be used before the JB Weld or any other epoxy sets up. At first I was doubtful about the vinegar working, but it does very well and will not make more of a mess. Just keep after the JB Weld until the oozing stops. the vinegar will also clean the epoxy off the bristels and your fingers (if you are clumsy like me). Once the epoxy has set, just do a test lather and rinse to get rid of the vinegar smell.

Last edited:
Keep some white vinegar handy and some Q-tips the next time you install a knot. You can use the vinegar to clean up the excess epoxy.

I am afraid of making more of a mess trying to clean it off? I've been using JB Weld will vinegar cut it?

Or next time try and use some RTV silicone. It is very easy to use and not as permanent as epoxy but I have yet to have a knot fall out while using RTV.

Top Bottom