What's new

Soaps with strong scents

For me, the scent of the soaps is one of the things I really enjoy about shaving - esp. a strong one. Reading through the board I find some references here and there that a scent may be strong or weak but did not see a general thread on it.

What soap brands tend to have the strongest scents?

I generally like things like sandalwood and earthy scents, but sometimes a floral is fun to try. (I avoid soapy or sanitary/medical smelling scents)

Pt II: Do creams have stronger scents or is it a product specific thing?

Thanks for any input.

Tabac and DR Harris Marlborough are 2 strongly scented soaps that are top performers.

Many melt and pour soaps pack a real scent wallop as you can add a lot of essential/fragrance oil to them but they do not offer the kind of performance I want in a soap. QED makes the best of these IMHO.

Arko can knock vultures off a gut wagon if you enjoy the urinal puck stench.

I think many creams have a stronger scent than their hard soap equivalents.

Tabac and DR Harris Marlborough are 2 strongly scented soaps that are top performers.

Many melt and pour soaps pack a real scent wallop as you can add a lot of essential/fragrance oil to them but they do not offer the kind of performance I want in a soap. QED makes the best of these IMHO.

Arko can knock vultures off a gut wagon if you enjoy the urinal puck stench.

I think many creams have a stronger scent than their hard soap equivalents.

+1. To all of this.

Re strongly-scented soaps: I've found that QCS's soaps are pretty strongly-scented. They're not nearly as strong as QED's, but then again they're not melt & pour soaps. Pretty sure that Matthew (the owner) would be happy to double-up on the fragrance strength of any of his soaps (or creams) if you ask him to. He did it for me w/his Mysore Sandalwood cream.

I've also found that Czech & Speake's Oxford & Cambridge soap is pretty strongly-scented. Smells great, too...as long as you're a lavender lover! :thumbup1:

From soaps I've tried, I would say Tabac, Cyril R Salter Sandalwood, and Vetiver Paradisi has the more stronger scents. All quite pleasant as well

I agree with Tabac and D R Harris Marlborough being great strong scents. GFT Violet and Eucris soaps have wonderfully strong scents and are great performers in my experience. I enjoy the Eucris scent in the cologne and body wash as well. The best and perhaps strongest lavender is Castle Forbes which is a firm cream and a wonderful product worth every penny. Irisch Moos shave stick has a fairly strong pleasant scent as does TOBS ST. James shave stick which is outstanding.

Regards,

Doug

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
From soaps I've tried, I would say Tabac, Cyril R Salter Sandalwood, and Vetiver Paradisi has the more stronger scents. All quite pleasant as well

Benton Clay Vetiver Paradisi is the one melt and pour I actually love using. The scent is amazing, a blend of vetiver and grapefruit. It is a true olfactory sensation.

Another vote for QCS. You mentioned "earthy", "sandalwood", and "floral". He's got 'em all, and they smell great.

+ 1 on the QED scents. I have the Sandalwood, Pine & Cedarwood and Frankincense & Myrrh. All quite strong with very good shaving qualities.

If you like Sandalwood, you must try the QED soap. It's the best Sandalwood soap I've smelled. Art of Shaving soap is a close second and is easier on my skin (I have sensitive skin).

Top Bottom