What's new

I saw a VDH boar for $10 at Walgreens any opinions?

I was tempted to buy one of these for two reasons, the price and I don't have a boar brush yet. It seems to be a good size, too. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, lads.

The Omega is MUCH better. The VDH was my first brush and I still keep it around. Once broken in, it's a good brush, but know there are better boar brushes out there.

If you want one locally get the white VDH at CVS for less than 10 I have an Omega on order but the VDH is an ok brush.

I've not used the VDH, but it gets poor reviews here. I own an Omega that I really like. I paid $17 for it including the shipping.

I made the mistake of spending $10 in haste fo get started with local products. I should have just waited and put that money towards a quality boar. I ended up getting a semogue 1305 off BST and it is head and shoulders better than the seemingly broken in VDH.

Thanks for all the replies, everybody. Think I'll put that $10 toward something else. I am going to WCS to look now.

If it's the white handled VDH "Deluxe" it's a great brush that barely shed at all. I still have it and it's the only boar I own now.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
If you like boars, you would probably like the big black badger brushes on www.starshaving.com, at about the same price as the VDH boar. They hold more product and more water, too.

If you insist on the boar, I have to go +1 on the Omega suggestions. I have used the green handle VDH boar and it would work, but absolutely nothing like a badger, even a black badger. I gave mine away.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The VDH set (bowl, brush, soap) used to be about $10.
The brush by itself isn't worth that.

This. When I bought my VDH brush, it was like $2 which made it a good brush once broken in. Saw a brush at CVS for $9 and some change the other day and immediately thought; "what are they thinkin?"

itsmedave beat me to linking the WCS deal of the day. I have the Omega 13522 which is 1 mm smaller in knot and in loft and it's my favorite brush for face lathering. I wouldn't say it's as fast as my bigger boars but, it just seems to navigate my face so much better!

Top Bottom