What's new

Which Shark Blades

I was going to try Shark Blades but I see that there is Stainless Steel and Super Chrome - does anyone have experience of either/both? Are there any advantages to either other than the coating?

I've tried Astra Stainless and Super Platinum and don't really see a difference beteeen these blades.

I suppose (answering my own question) would be to buy a small number of both and try them?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
What's my take on 'Shaving with the Sharks' (and they do get alot of love here on this sub-dorum),?
proxy.php

Although I have used many, many blades over many, many years, Shark Super Chrome's are perfect for me (my one & only 'go-to' blade), with no pulling or tugging, moderately sharp, very, very smooth, (albeit a 'weeper' now & then..but zero 'nicks'), very little to no irratation and no touch of razor burn that %99.9 of the time results in CCS's in 2 passes (WTG & ATG), with 6 great shaves per week (Saturdays are my shaving 'day off'),...and are very compatible with both of my Merkur 23C & 38C razors. :lol1:

Enclosed below are Shark SS & SC razor blade Reveiws.

"Shark... Oh the Shark has, some fine shaves dear"

Enclosed below are just a few Shark SS & SC razor blade Threads.

Shark Blades?

Shark Differences?

Shark Week!

Shark-Super Stainless or Super Chrome?

:straight: "A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Author Unknown

Attachments

• $wm_normal_razor_blades.jpg
    $wm_normal_razor_blades.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 132
Here's my experience with Shark.
Shark SS are the smoother and the milder of the two. Shark SC provide closer shave.
Shark SS work better for me in Merkur heads, Old Type, and TTO with wider blade gap (Aristocrat, Red Tip), but I don't get close shave with them in mild Super Speeds and EJ.
I like Shark SC in TTOs with less gap (Super Speed, Lady G), and NEW OC. They are too rough in Old Type, aggressive TTO, and EJ.
* Both blades don't work in EJ for me!
YMMV

Top Bottom