What's new

David Johns Journal

Boy is this a long torterous trip with many obstacles I face as a trucker. I shave once every 6 days. Rest of the time is spent healing from cuts I sustained during my previous outting. When I shower at truck stops it is hit and miss if you are fortunate to have hot water to shower and shave with. For the most part you do but on occassion I have showered in luke warm water at best. You really miss your own bathroom at home. Watching online videos e.g. Chimensch's video can be a challenge. Because of the weak WIFI signal I get at this Flying J the videos will sometimes lock up. I have recently learned of the guillotine method I am looking forward to trying (not until my face heal). Prior i used to use straight downward strokes, This may explain some of the cuts I have been getting. Anyhoo, I'll plow ahead.

Hey David, great to see you starting out here. Can you give a bit of info when you have time on the kind of things you're doing? Blade angle, skin stretching, etc. The members on the board here may be able to give you some tips.

Congrats on starting the journey and hope it comes together quickly!

Hey David... I was wondering how your straight shaving was going, as you are in a bit of a unique position, in that you are learning while on the road. Kudos for sticking with it!

I guess guys in the civil war must have straight shaved sitting on a bucket in a cold tent while their buddy held a little hand mirror for them to look in... so it must be possible to do this in rough conditions.

We are here if you need any advice... you should be ok with downward strokes. The guillotine or scythe strokes are actually going to take a little more finesse... but if you can pull it off that is cool.

Best of luck!

Top Bottom