What's new

New duds for Paco664's custom made chopper

So Paco664 and I have been conspiring a little. He sent me his first chopper that he made and his beloved Gold Dollar 208 that he loves to shave with. Well, you've all seen the Gold Dollar, now here's the chopper...

The scales are curly maple with a very thin liner of Mora wood. The wedge is Maple. Finished in CA - my first CA finish, I'm very pleased with how they turned out.

Pins in the tail are stainless rod that Hillbilly sent to me (thanks HB!) and the pivot is an adjustable stainless steel screw on both sides with a threaded barrel in the pivot so Paco can crank down on that sucker if he wants to.

This is a deceptively small razor. The blade is huge - I think Paco says it's 9/8, but overall it's a smaller razor. the curve of the scales is a function of the blade width and the edge as it relates to the pivot. Because the pivot/tang are short and the blade is wide, a smaller radius on the scales was required to get the scales to cover the blade edge.

All in all I think they look pretty darn cool. I hope you all agree.

On to the pics:

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

That is brutal! I like the raw handmade blade and the classy scales combo. I want to shave my face with it!! The S.S steel rod gkve you any trouble. I think it was 410. Lil slfter than the others.

I know there were comments in another thread that SS was too tough to peen. This stuff was literally as easy as brass. LOVE it. I'll have to remember that it is 410.

ah and i remember the picture of when it was just s roughly ground blade in one of my posts. its amazing the work that can be created

wow.... just..... wow.... seriously you made that look awesome... i love the design and how the finish on the scales make the rough blade stand out............

dude you got some serious talent.... truly thank you!!

Brian

and it centers perfectly... i was worried about that...... come on post office!!!!

i won't shave till it gets home!!!

Top Bottom