What's new

Proraso v. Bigelow

So a friend of mine (B&B username greyrooms) gave me a sample of Proraso. It performed wonderfully. I did notice though that it was somewhat different from C. O. Bigelow. It seemed to not have as strong of a menthol smell, and didn't cool my skin as much as Bigelow. Has anybody else had this experience?

I've never used the Proraso but I've got the Bigelow, and I was under the impression that the actual Proraso had a bigger Menthol hit. Won't be buying again anyways.

I have both and cannot tell the difference. C.O. Bigelow, however, is available locally at Bath and Body Works stores for $10/tube, and routinely runs Buy-2/Get-1-Free sales (so you get THREE tubes for $20)! This sale was in effect this past weekend at the Bath and Body Works store closest to my home, and may still be on. Both are excellent creams either by themselves or mixed as one of the ingredients for making a nice Uberlather.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Not busting anyone's stones, I just love using this thing! :lol:

Same stuff. Imaginary differences.

proxy.php

ROFL.

thanks for the info guys. I guess it just goes I show that one's sense of smell is very personal and not an exact science.

So a friend of mine (B&B username greyrooms) gave me a sample of Proraso. It performed wonderfully. I did notice though that it was somewhat different from C. O. Bigelow. It seemed to not have as strong of a menthol smell, and didn't cool my skin as much as Bigelow. Has anybody else had this experience?

Do not let all these no-it-alls fool you. These are two entirely different products with scents nowhere near alike. We must not let this controversy die!

Out if curiosity, if left unopened, how long will these tubs last without the product drying out or going bad?

Top Bottom