What's new

New Fragrance Releases

This also looks promising:

From Neela Vermiere Creations, a collaboration with Bertrand Duchaufour, producing three fragrances evoking the vibrancy of India through distinct historical periods - the ancient Vedic era (Trayee), the Mogul empire (Mohur), and the British Raj (Bombay Bling) - by using the actual ingredients from that time period. Luckyscent says of Bombay Bling that "Lads who feel they can rock white florals could give this a try" (that's me, I love them and I can rock them!), of Mohur is says "the real surprise ... is the subtle “Indian pastry” accord tucked in the petals of its rose garden," and of Trayee it says "The perfumer has even added an arrestingly realistic ganja accord." These are not your typical descriptions and the background of the perfume house is a combination of French and Indian traditions. Add in the fact that I love almost everything by Betrand Duchaufour and I'm 99% sure this is a safe blind buy. 55mL bottles from Luckyscent are $260 but you can get 10mL bottles of all three directly from Neela Vermiere for only $120.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Trayee notes:
Blue ginger, elemi, cinnamon, ganja accord, blackcurrant absolute, basil, jasmine sambac, Egyptian jasmine, cardamom absolute, clove, saffron, Javanese and Haitian vetiver, incense, Mysore sandalwood oil, patchouli, myrrh, vanilla, cedar, amber notes, oud palao from Laos, oak moss

Mohur notes:
Cardamom, coriander, ambrette, carrot, black pepper, elemi, Turkish rose oil, jasmine, orris, hawthorn, almond milk accord, leather, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, oudh Palao from Laos, benzoin, vanilla, tonka bean

Bombay Bling notes:
Mango, lychee, blackcurrant, cardamom, cumin, cistus, Turkish rose, jasmine sambac, ylang-ylang, tuberose, plumeria, gardenia, patchouli, tobacco, sandalwood, cedar, vanilla

As per THE SCENTED SALAMANDER, Hermès will offer a new version of their 2010 release, Voyage, this 2012 springtime. For now, all that has filtered is that the juice sees its base notes gain in depth in the range of ambery and woody notes. The flacon echoes this enriching of the scent with the added suggestiveness of a dark smoky gray. The original flacon taking its inspiration from a rectangular pocket lamp preferred to play on transparency...
proxy.php

As per THE SCENTED SALAMANDER, Hermès will offer a new version of their 2010 release, Voyage, this 2012 springtime. For now, all that has filtered is that the juice sees its base notes gain in depth in the range of ambery and woody notes. The flacon echoes this enriching of the scent with the added suggestiveness of a dark smoky gray. The original flacon taking its inspiration from a rectangular pocket lamp preferred to play on transparency...
proxy.php

This really does interest me. Voyage was a very near miss for me, it just lacked "something". I will be keeping my eyes peeled for this.

New from the makers of TABAC comes Strellson Loaded!
Maurer & Wirtz are to launch a new Strellson fragrance for men called
Strellson Loaded
. The new fragrance features notes of bergamot, elemi, black pepper, ginger, lavender, soft musk, patchouli, vetiver and vanilla. The fragrance is housed in a metallic bottle designed by designer Peter Schmidt.

Strellson Loaded is available as Eau de Toilette (30,50 and 100ml), After Shave, Shower Gel and Deodorant.

proxy.php

As per Fragrantica :
proxy.php

Hommage a L'Homme

Lalique
is celebrating 20 years in the fragrant business... and many more in the business of providing precious crystals for perfumes. In order to mark this important anniversary, they launched a new masculine fragrance aboard the luxurious Orient Express.
The spot chosen couldn't be more laden with historical memory: Not only had René Lalique decorated several of the legendary train's wagons with his ornate creations, but his grand-daughter Marie-Claude launched the first feminine scent by the house of Lalique, Lalique de Lalique, on the Orient Express herself in 1992. Nowadays Lalique counts 9 fragrances in their catalogs, 5 for women and 4 for men, distributed in a selective circuit of doors.
Homage à L'Homme (Homage to Men), the newest Lalique fragrance, is a spicy woody fragrance for men which reads as a "niche" scent, developed by acclaimed perfumers Christine Nagel and Mathilde Bijaoui. It will be available in two declinations: One in crystal for collectors (cost 1200 euros) with the sculpted Pan-pipe man, referencing the original sculpture made by René Lalique for the Orient Express in 1929. And another in glass designed by Thierry de Baschmakoff (Aesthete) which is inspired by Art Deco style.
Lalique is also reissuing the flacon "chèvrefeuille", decorated in gold, in a limited edition of 50 numbered pieces for collectors, in celebration of its 20th anniversary. Hommage a L'Homme was launched in 2011.

Here's one on my radar...

Isabey - L'Ambre de Carthage

proxy.php

Here is what Lucky Scent has to say:

In the 1920s the House of Isabey stood at 20 rue de la Paix and was the destination of the most chic parisians. Its perfumes evoked exotic travels and fantasies inspired by flowers, spices and other fragrant materials. L’Ambre de Carthage of 1924 was hailed as one of the jewels of the perfumed crown. Today Isabey revives the name of L’Ambre de Carthage in a modern masculine fragrance symbolizing the spirit of long, challenging journeys and adventures.

The scent is for those whose life is a journey. Ancient Carthage held a position as one of the capitals of maritime trade; its ports teaming with trade ships transporting the precious cargo of far off lands. L’Ambre de Carthage begins with the crisp notes of Mediterranean citrus and settles into the warm ambery scent of cistus labdunum. The journey proceeds to China where delicate osmanthus flowers and aromatic jasmine tea offers a soft counterpart to the darker notes of olibanum incense. The adventure ends in India, traveling through unknown towns and landscapes finding delight in the earthy scent of patchouli and precious sandalwood.

The journey is never really known or complete. Far into the desert, a sandstorm rises and sweeps everything on its passage.

+1!

As per Fragrantica :
proxy.php

Hommage a L'Homme

Lalique
is celebrating 20 years in the fragrant business... and many more in the business of providing precious crystals for perfumes. In order to mark this important anniversary, they launched a new masculine fragrance aboard the luxurious Orient Express.
The spot chosen couldn't be more laden with historical memory: Not only had René Lalique decorated several of the legendary train's wagons with his ornate creations, but his grand-daughter Marie-Claude launched the first feminine scent by the house of Lalique, Lalique de Lalique, on the Orient Express herself in 1992. Nowadays Lalique counts 9 fragrances in their catalogs, 5 for women and 4 for men, distributed in a selective circuit of doors.
Homage à L'Homme (Homage to Men), the newest Lalique fragrance, is a spicy woody fragrance for men which reads as a "niche" scent, developed by acclaimed perfumers Christine Nagel and Mathilde Bijaoui. It will be available in two declinations: One in crystal for collectors (cost 1200 euros) with the sculpted Pan-pipe man, referencing the original sculpture made by René Lalique for the Orient Express in 1929. And another in glass designed by Thierry de Baschmakoff (Aesthete) which is inspired by Art Deco style.
Lalique is also reissuing the flacon "chèvrefeuille", decorated in gold, in a limited edition of 50 numbered pieces for collectors, in celebration of its 20th anniversary. Hommage a L'Homme was launched in 2011.

Although I'll never buy or even try it, this one certainly has my attention. Lalique has such a rich history in the perfume bottle industry that I can forgive them for making such highly priced limited releases. After all, it's one of the things they've always done best. I really like that "Pan" bottle, too.

I can't wait for this. I enjoy wearing voyage but always said if it had a bit more woodsy or manly base note it would be perfect. This one will more than likely be a blind buy for me.
proxy.php

I like it much more than the Edt.

Tried this one tonight at Neiman Marcus. I think it may just be FBW! The wife loved it and the dry down is very nice! I get a little woods and even a bit of evergreen in the dry down!

Really, the only question is whether to get the 33ml to share with the wife or a 100ml to offer decants at cost... hhhhhmmmmmmmm...

Tried this one tonight at Neiman Marcus. I think it may just be FBW! The wife loved it and the dry down is very nice! I get a little woods and even a bit of evergreen in the dry down!

Really, the only question is whether to get the 33ml to share with the wife or a 100ml to offer decants at cost... hhhhhmmmmmmmm...
If you get the 100ml I will buys decants from you.

As per The Scented Salamander

Kiehls Launch New Aromatic Blends Collection of 4 (2012) {New Perfumes}

proxy.php

Kiehls
want to express the fact that they are not just about creams, serums, perfume oils and musk. The apothecary-inspired beauty brand is well-known for its reference musk oil from the 1920s (current comments deplore the changes in the formula - expect another musk uprising), less so for its discreet collection of Essence Oils, which apparently has been discontinued as the new Aromatic Blends launches from July 2012. The library comprises Orange Flower & Lychee; Vanilla & Cedarwood; Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit; Fig Leaf & Sage....

Chris Salgardo, president of Kiehl’s USA said, "“Each collection has a unique sourcing location or sourcing inspiration,“We are using a variety of responsible sourcing philosophies to represent each ingredient in its purest, most efficacious form.” Body lotions and cleansers will feature the following ingredients: squalene, shea butter, avocado, olive fruit, sweet almond, apricot kernel, sesame seed oils, and sucrose cocoate, "a skin cleanser that softens as it cleans." "Each blend will have fragrances in two sizes, 30 ml. for $40 and 100 ml. for $75, as well as an 8.4-oz. Skin Softening Body Lotion, $26, and a 8.4-oz. Skin Softening Body Cleanser, $24. A coffret of all four scents will be sold for $55." Via WWD

ROCKS by Original Penguin

http://www.dillards.com/product/ROCKS-by-Original-Penguin-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray_301_-1_301_503227356

The notes look interesting..

ROCKS by Original Penguin opens with a refreshing blend of crisp apple and Italian bergamot. The heart of the scent, composed of lavender, clary sage, and cypress tonic, seamlessly transcends into a warm, dry down of sun bleached woods, brushed suede, tonka bean, and sandalwood. Original Penguin may have made its mark in the 1950s, but it continues to live on today. This aromatic, woody oriental fragrance is the perfect blend of heritage, wit and style.

$03811036_zi.jpg

Kabul Aoud by Montale

KABUL AOUD, a unique fragrance especially created for men and women who love long lasting fragrances and inspired by the beauty of KABUL, a city known for its rustic surroundings, beautiful gardens and hospitable people.

KABUL AOUD is produced combining the essential oils from Cedar, Guaiacwood, Aoud

​

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom