What's new

Moisturizer or physical sunblock?

I'm looking for a physical sunblock (meaning that it contains zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) that does not make me look as though I should be chasing around young women in an opera house. Mean, that I look like I'm wearing a white mask. It could be a moisturizer, or a plain, old sunblock. The chemical ones (avobenzone, oxybenzone) may or may not give me dermatitis. They do make me look like a really angry person in a cartoon. Meaning, bright red face.

I've tried Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin and it doesn't make me look weird, but it's awfully heavy for my oily skin.

I'm reaching a point where I'm just going to give up on sunscreen/block, because I can't seem to win.

Thanks.

I'm currently using Desert Essence Daily Defense Lotion that I happened to run across at Grocery Outlet for $4.99 a tube. It's SPF 15, which I think is OK for me during the winter months. It uses zinc oxide for UV protection, but doesn't seem to whiten my skin a noticeable amount and is easy to apply. The regular price is quite a bit higher, but I think it might be worth it. It's available at iHerb.com.

I had been using Hara SPF 30, and I'll probably switch back to it towards the summer. It's better than the other zinc oxide sunblocks I've tried, but I have to admit that's still a little whitening and heavy.

Last edited:
I've been using the Neutrogena 3-in-1 SPF-20 this winter.
Normal AS/ASB after shaving before bed, then before leaving for work in the morning, I'll slather on the 3-in-1

Top Bottom