What's new

Want to like my Parker 51

I have a beautiful Parker 51. I loaded it up with BBB and it just doesn't seem to write very well. I flushed it twice, inked again, still no love. I read Brian's post where he said it always works right away and that hasn't been my experience.

Is there any self help that I can do to the pen or do I need to send it into an expert?

I have a beautiful Parker 51. I loaded it up with BBB and it just doesn't seem to write very well. I flushed it twice, inked again, still no love. I read Brian's post where he said it always works right away and that hasn't been my experience.

Is there any self help that I can do to the pen or do I need to send it into an expert?
PM me

My pen arrived back home today and after filling it with BBB I gave it a test drive. What a difference after Brian worked his magic on this pen!!! I've written a half-page so far, put it down for a while, and when I picked it up it started writing again without pause.

I like my 51!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I've had many fountain pens and the 51 is the most reliable of any I've tried. I misplaced it a few months back and have to pick up another. Fortunately, I was part of the B&B fountain pen group buy and have been using that pen regularly. But I must get another 51 as they make a great daily user.

Mike

I'm glad you enjoy the pen now. I look for excuses to use mine every day at work. I have a new Parker Jotter that, aside from the clip being different, looks like it came in a set with my 51. People always ask to borrow a pen and seem a little let down when I hand them the Jotter. I've had far too many pens walk away to loan out my 51. They're not making any more of them, so I'm holding on to this one tightly.

That is a really well preserved "51". The lusterloy on the cap is perfect, and only minor scratches on the barrel. Only had to wave the magic wand over it once. :wink2:

That is a really well preserved "51". The lusterloy on the cap is perfect, and only minor scratches on the barrel. Only had to wave the magic wand over it once. :wink2:

Capped for six hours laying flat, full line of ink as soon as I started to write!

Top Bottom