What's new

Another Shaving Journal....

I gave it a try this morning. I was nervous at first. I used an old strop to see if it would scratch the leather. There was no damage, so I lathered and went for it. It was a good shave. No issues at all. A pleasant surprise.

It's been a time of surprises....

I ran out of MdC. For the last few weeks I've been using Cella. The shaves were more comfortable with the MdC. With the Cella, I can feel a little warmth build through the workweek of shaves. The surprise: my skin is noticeably softer with Cella. :confused1

I put a week of shaves on the Genco. Surprisingly good shaves there. No scratches on the strop, or my face. I guess I don't shave much down that far on the blade, and/or the hone tamed it enough. I'm keeping that one. The scales are still attractive. Go figure.

Another surprise: I didn't think I liked wedges. Recently I traded some restores for one. Photo attached. It's one of Doc's (a lovely piece of work btw). I like it quite a bit. It came shave ready, and I've touched it up since then. It's still great. I'll be keeping that one too...

Attachments

• $wedge2 (1 of 1).jpg
    $wedge2 (1 of 1).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 11
  • $wedge (1 of 1).jpg
    $wedge (1 of 1).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 11
78 1/2

Do you have the magic decoder ring?

It's all gunked up at the moment. It'll need a little work. I'll post photos when I get it cleaned up.

I am not sure if I've seen one. I have a 70 1/2 hollow that doesn't have Friodur on it and needs new shoes and a 50 1/2 quarter hollow 5/8 with original scales. Friodurs are nice!

Top Bottom