What's new

Anyone used Savon de Marseille liquid?

Most week days I try to work out at lunch, then I shower and get back to work.
I prefer to use/pack a liquid soap or body wash because they just are easier and more convenient to bring along and keep in my bag.
The commercial body washes tend to dry me out and with the cooler months approaching, I want to try something more moisturizing.

I've got some Dr Bronners and I liked it at first, but I think that tends to be a little drying to me as well and I assume it would only be worse in the winter months.

I know olive oil soaps are supposed to be the best for your skin.
Anyone used the Savon liquid soaps or any other brands that you would recommend?

thanks

I have not tried any liquid olive oil soap, except for Dr. Bronner's, which I find quite drying. Among the solid soaps, Savon de Marseille is somewhat drying. The oiliest, i.e., most moisturizing soap I have found so far is from Papoutsanis (Greek). There is practically no drying effect.

You could easily make your own liquid version of any soap by simply adding just enough water to dissolve the soap. Using soap flakes and gently heating the water will speed up the process. You could then even adjust the pH and also add essential oils to create your own favorite mix.

Likewise, try adding EVOO to Dr. Bronner's. That might work, but I need to try this first myself.

Having said that, a soap container that closes well is just as easy to take along as a bottle. A pouf is a bigger problem; a glove would probably be better. Luckily, I have a locker at my gym where I keep my stuff.

Best - MM

I've had a big glass bottle w/ pump dispenser of grapefruit scented SdM, which, as I recall it, was quite nice. Definately better than the commercial stuff.YMMV.

I have found all of the natural liquid soaps to be really harsh... I keep trying them... but I have to say the synthetic gels and soaps are much more gentle on the skin...

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for something more natural, but honestly, the best thing I have found so far is the liquid Dove my wife uses. I just might have to bite the bullet and use some of that - and look for the least "girly" scent since I will be using this at the gym :tongue:

I guess I could just look for a nice soap container that seals well and get some high quality hard soap - maybe something w/ a good amount of shea butter. I've got a L'Occitaine not too far from work so that would probably be worth a try.

I have found all of the natural liquid soaps to be really harsh... I keep trying them... but I have to say the synthetic gels and soaps are much more gentle on the skin...

And that from a soap mistress :eek: :eek:

One question: are you saying that only the liquid soaps are really harsh, and that the solid soaps are less harsh? If so, what is the rational for that?

Thanks. Best - MM

Top Bottom