What's new

Derby International-Shaving Factory Double Edge Safety Razor

Here are the reviews of it. It's also known as the Ming Shi razor:

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/s...le=-ming-shui-double-edge-safety-razor&cat=44

I have owned two of them in the past. It's a decent, but not stellar razor.

As Superspeed clones go, this one is fairly decent, a vast improvement over the so mild it's nearly useless Weishi.

The biggest issue Superspeed clones face, is the originals are so obviously superior, and still plentiful, and available for very little clone, that there is no real reason to settle for a clone.

For the $13 cost, one can do a whole lot worse.

heres details

Product Features

• Fits all double edge blades
  • Razor itself is 1.8oz
  • The "twist to open" technology makes it easier to change blades
  • Computer designed perfect angle provides a closer, more comfortable, smoother shave
  • Material: Refined Stainless Steel, Zinc alloy, Copper, ABS

Attachments

• $41+AKyCe8wL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    $41+AKyCe8wL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 392
  • $SBS-676100.jpg
    $SBS-676100.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 389
This was my first double edge safety razor, I got mine from Sally's as well. It is a descent razor, a smooth shave, easy to clean and maintain.

$0391e8a88060308c5f553592071621be_best.jpg

I have had no issues with mine, I dry the blade off when I'm finished shaving and dry the razor completely. Because of how the razor is designed it can be slippery when wet, but other than that it is a descent razor. It accomidates Personna blades very well and is very durable. I mean, it's made in China and if that doesn't rub you the wrong way then I say go for it. It's a wonderful razor for someone on a budget who only has $20 but wants to get a safety razor and enough blades to last a few weeks.

Also my first safety razor. Really not a bad razor at all for the money. As others have stated, it is basically a Gillette Super Speed clone. It is definitely lighter than a real super speed resulting from seemingly cheaper materials, but it gives a nice shave and is not rickety or cheap in the sense that everything works as it should . I developed more of an appreciation for it after I got a few Gillettes and realized that this razor was giving me decent performance. I use it when I have skipped a day or two, as it is more aggressive than a Tech, for example. Overall a nice razor for the money. I think the quick summary would be that you get all of the serviceability and performance of a decent razor, but no extra expense or time has been given to making it fancy or extra pretty.

I had one of these as my first razor, but had to leave it early because it was too mild to cope with my very course hair. There was nothing wrong with its quality, just wasn't the right razor for me. If you are looking for decent razors to buy to give friends as a starter check out the Ri'Mei on Amazon. it is about $3 shipped and is a good shaving razor. Whereas the Shaving Factory razor is a Superspeed clone, the Ri'Mei is a TEch clone. It will take about 3-5 weeks to receive, but they are 1/4 the cost of the Shaving Factory razor and of equal quality.

Top Bottom