What's new

did someone buy this filarmonica 14 a couple weeks ago?

I saw it and passed quite quickly.

I was a bit confused with the sellers description "This piece is in good condition with no cracks, but there is one tiny bite along the edge of the fin." But there blatantly looks like a crack there... Oh well not worth the chance there.

Given the photo, the description by the seller is incorrect. There is an obvious crack in the blade. Another cautionary tale from eBay.

"This is in good condition measuring about 6 3/4" long. This piece is in good condition with no cracks, but there is one tiny bite along the edge of the fin. This is very tiny could not get a good picture of it like I said very tiny and the blade does have some rust as shown. I have provided plenty of pictures, so please take the time to look closely to avoid any confusion. A must have for any collector. Don't miss this one. For other collectibles and hand crafted vintage items be sure to check out my other listings."

it looked like a great deal at first, i had it on my watch list, but that crack was not the easiest (but not that difficult) to see.

i hope the buyer got a refund and that item is put out to pasture... maybe they wanted the scales :)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Yup its a crack...the new listing lists the crack at less than 1/16th...terrible

clearly the seller must know nothing about straights. I cant imagine a seasoned straight razor hobbiest selling.

I have a Dorko with a 1/16" that I cracked myself. Almost broke my heart. I shave with it. Still shaves great. It seem pretty stable but I'm always leery when I use it. I check the strop first. Anybody else shave with a cracked razor? Am I asking for trouble?

i guess my joke/sarcasm about the scales was not evident... yeah plastic filarmonic scales are probably not worth that price.. ;)

The guy that is banned has a similar Filarmonica listed - but the scales are different and the crack is in a different place on the blade. Not the same razor if that's the one you're referring to.

Top Bottom